Planning on getting the Sennheiser HD595's
Aug 7, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, for music its more about taste then, say one is better then the other. I had the SR80's (very similar to the MS1's) and the 595's at the same time. The SR80's were much more intament, bright and in you face (although I have read the the MS1's were more natural and less bright then the SR80's). They sounded great for classic rock and metal. The HD595 had a much better soundstage with an ever so slightly grainy top end but a overall more natural sound. the 595's were awesome with bands like Radiohead and Pinkfloyd and still good with everything else.

Ok that sounds great.
During a second look on prices I saw that the 595 is the equivalent of 220USD which is about what im ready to spend. And if I have understood correctly the 595 scales quite well with an amp too, so I might just buy that instead of the MS-1. However the MS-1 is still alot cheaper so I don't know yet...

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

I had the SR80's (very similar to the MS1's)

No way.. To me, the SR80 was like a bad EQ'ed MS-1
tongue.gif

I can't recommend MS-1 for movies since there is no soundstage. 595s will do better. For games, the MS-1s are quite nice really. With the 595s it was sometimes really hard to hear footsteps etc. With the MS-1 it's way easier to hear those things, though 3d positioning isn't that good.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way.. To me, the SR80 was like a bad EQ'ed MS-1
tongue.gif

That's why I mentioned that it was a less bright and more natural sounding.
tongue_smile.gif

500 posts woooooooohoooooooooo

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 27
If all my headphones vanished and I was left with the Sennheiser HD-595's, I'd be happy that I still had these cans. The Sennheiser 595's are one of the best all 'round cans that I've ever heard. They sound good with practically everything and are extremely musical. I'm glad that I have a pair. Even better, they are really comfortable.

My favourite can is the Grado SR-325i, but the Sennheiser is no slouch and in some ways is less fatiguing, more comfortable, and has better bass. Still, I'd take a Grado 325i any day over the 595 (but this is purely a matter of personal preference for the Grado sound).

So get the Sennheiser HD-595's and enjoy the music. You don't need to amp them (I amp mine for portable applications, but then I have to justify the fact that I own 2 headphone amps).

Go on buy them. Now! Hurry up...time's a' wastin'...and there's music to be heard!

Cheers!

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

That's why I mentioned that it was a less bright and more natural sounding.
tongue_smile.gif

500 posts woooooooohoooooooooo

Good for you
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If all my headphones vanished and I was left with the Sennheiser HD-595's, I'd be happy that I still had these cans.
Cheers!

That made me lol!
icon10.gif
I would be pretty pissed off that every headphone would vanish and the person responsible would leave my 595s. Typical pwned moment
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #22 of 27
That's an okay price. For headphones I often check German sites. Excl. shipping the cheapest I found are 111€ = 168$ according to google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back