planet earth on discovery / bbc
Apr 6, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #31 of 44
dvd release is scheduled April 30th, or so I've read somewhere, Can NOT wait, terrmaculous cinematography, (if there is sucha word)s
plainface.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #33 of 44
I almost started a new thread for planet earth, then I realized that something so cool and unique must have been mentioned a long time ago. I particularly love the birdview shots, they are stunningly beautiful. If God ever take a look at his creations on the planet, that must be what he see.

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #34 of 44
I have been watching most of them lately and all I can say is the colors are amazing. The Bird of Paradise mating display was something that really dropped my jaw.

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for the fans of the bbc version, you can torrent it, if you feel ethical about that. personally, i pay for discovery, but i miss episodes sometimes

Torrnt'n in the only way for folks across the pond to have the original Attenborough narration.

And watching those led to preordering the HD-DVD set that's coming out next week.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Apr 15, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Torrnt'n in the only way for folks across the pond to have the original Attenborough narration.

And watching those led to preordering the HD-DVD set that's coming out next week.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Yeah - I'm in the same boat as you Ed. Except I haven't seen any of them.
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #38 of 44
Very entertaining show. My wife and I have been recording and watching everyone we can find on Discovery HD. Some amazing shots of stuff that has never been witnessed before. A HUGE amount of effort and time went into that show, and I'd say the end is very nice.

Sigourny Weaver at first bothered me a little... I thought she was robotic and dull for about the first 15 minutes, now I can't stop paying attention to every word.

Apr 16, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #40 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by nysulli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everyone i know that gets an HDTV finds themselves glued to the HD discovery channel

its not just planet discovery, just about anything they show on there has amazing image quality, and really shows off the capabilities of HD programing, its a wonder they don't just show the channel in bestbuy on all their sets, i think anyone who hadn't seen HD programing much before would be amazed, and they'd probably sell more TV's

I agree completely. Discovery HD Theater is the one channel that only plays HD content, and the quality is outstanding. The cameras they use are simply phenomenal, and the the camera-men / women are equally astounding. Planet Earth is one of the best examples of HD, hands down, bar none.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #41 of 44
Apr 19, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...F8&n=130&s=dvd

Note: this edition features the original narration by David Attenborough

So do the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray versions. Unless the Discovery Channel releases their own version, I don't know of one that has Sigourney Weaver's narration.

I heard that the HD versions are not going to have as many extras as the DVD version, which sucks, but I much rather have the HD versions anyways.

-Ed

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luckily the original running order (as shown on BBC) and original narration by David Attenborough will be intact on the dvd/hd-dvd/blu-ray release of the series.

I torrented teh series. I didnt know that there was a different narrator for bbc/discovery. Im so glad I got teh ones with david attenborough. Hes awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back