Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Dec 22, 2006 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Well here I am at Sea-Tac in Seattle hoping to make it to Chicago tonight. So far we are delayed a couple of hours putting arrival at around 11PM. Flights are so overbooked they are telling people without confirmed seats that it may be Sunday before they can get them out.

Two people that I work with were trying to get to Denver from here yesterday. No news on where they are. One was thinking of driving the other was trying to get home to Montana through Denver. I am approaching 100,000 miles this year and I am looking forward to a couple of weeks off. I am first on the list for a first class upgrade so that may make the wait more bearable if it comes through. Anyone else trying to travel this weekend?

Dec 22, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 2
John - I missed you by a day. I actually found a nonstop flight from Portland to Newark was a better deal and they gave me an upgrade. All I had to do was fly a Horizon Air Puddle jumper to Portland into the outer edge of the storm that was brewing down there.

When I go to Newark at 6am, the lines at screening extended into the Airtrain escalator lobby (really, really, really long). I feel like I just missed the mess you (and your friends) are having to deal with. Hang in there and travel safe; my best wishes for great holidays...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back