planar driver clinking
May 3, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 13
Hi, I have closed planar headphones and I hear clicking noises on the right side, is this normal or a problem with the driver?
I have several planar headphones, and that is definitely not normal. Does it make that sound consistently, or only during certain parts of the music you are listening to? I have a pair of fostex headphones that one cup rattles when playing back some sub bass frequencies (known issue with some units from that run). What headphone are you using?

May 3, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 13
The noises have no effect on the sound, I only hear clicks when I lift the right side.
Closed back planars typically do this from pressure of air in the cups. Its nothing to worry about.

It should only be a worry if you hear clicks when there is cracking when sound plays. Does this happen?

May 3, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #10 of 13
Yes, that can happen depending on the tolerances they allow for machining the components. I don't own that headphone, but that can happen with any manufacturer.
Yes, that can happen depending on the tolerances they allow for machining the components. I don't own that headphone, but that can happen with any manufacturer.

May 3, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #12 of 13
Check the pad clips to see if one is broken or loose. It's usually when a mounting ring isn't snug in place and causes it to click against the headphone cup. If it is and you narrow it down, a small piece of electrical tape where it's making contact will keep it from clicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back