Places in San Jose area I can try out headphones?
Jul 20, 2005 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Yellowjacket

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in Santa Clara for the summer and I'd like to try some Grados and Senns. Any places in the area from which I could try out headphones for a few days? (Which I guess means a lenient return policy)

Jul 20, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 6
paradise audio video in saratoga has most of the grado lineup for in-store demo. I demo'd everything sub-SR225 there and they were very generous with their time. Walked in with my DT770 and demo'd out of a $3000 receiver.

the SJ headfi meet is in early august.... I'll be there for the morning with my MS2 and SR40.

Garrett

Jul 20, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #3 of 6
Magnolia Video & Audio (corner of Stevens Creek Blvd and Winchester Blvd). They have demo units for many Sennheisers including the 600, 590, 280 and others that you can listen to.

Jul 20, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundbuff
Magnolia Video & Audio (corner of Stevens Creek Blvd and Winchester Blvd). They have demo units for many Sennheisers including the 600, 590, 280 and others that you can listen to.

Great! I'll get a chance to check out the 600s because Amazon ships them.

What about Grados? I'm looking at the SR125 but apparently Magnolia doesn't carry Grados
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Also, when you finish visiting Magnolia, go around the corner and visit The Good Guys. They have many Sennheiser and Sony headphones and sometimes they have demo units that you can try on for comfort. They don't have the headphones hooked up though, so you won't be able to listen to them. They carry some Sennheisers that Magnolia doesn't, like the 555.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back