Places in Cincinnati to try headphones?
May 5, 2008 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

somedumbname

New Head-Fier
I recently entered the market for a new (really a first non-free) set of headphones. Some of you may have seen or commented my recent thread titled "Newbie needs recommendations".

While I enjoy all the advice I'm finding through searching on this forum and replies I have received, I'm guessing (like with all audio equipment) that what I really need to do is find a place where I can try several of the models I am interested in on a level playing field to really get a feel for what I would enjoy.

Now I've never run across any retail joint that I can think of where this would be possible. Is there such a place, and if so is there one in the Cincinnati area?

I have a very sensitive ear for distortion and level due to my experience in car audio SQ competition, so it would be a pain if I got a set of headphones that I couldn't live with.

Thanks in advance...

May 6, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 14
A fellow native of the nati! Nice to know you!

There aren't many places I've heard of where you can check stuff out, but a place called ICB Audio might have a small selection. They major mostly in audio production and DJ equipment, but give them a call, they might have some headphones available too. They're located in the Norwood area. I've never been there before, but many have recommended it to me for other audio gear.

Let me know what you think! Next time I'm in the nati, I'll have to stop by that place if they have some phones available for demo.

Jun 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 14
Bumping this old thread because I didn't find any results for places to audition equipment in the nati.

Ive been to Audible Elegance in Montgomery (a couple minutes from my house) but they only have lower end grados out (I bought my SR 125is there)

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 14
I live near Cincinnati in Hamilton.  Guitar Center might be a good place to check out headphones.  They probably have some better ones for mixing and djing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back