Place to buy hd650's with a liberal return policy?
Dec 17, 2004 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dstroot

Head-Fier
I've been thinking about picking up a pair of HD650's. But I'd really like to get them and see if I really like 'em after burn in. So I'd like to buy 'em, use 'em for a couple weeks, then either keep them or return them if they aren't "sonic nirvana". I'm not shopping lowest price - I'm shopping liberal return policy. Does anyone have any suggestions? There's a 50% chance I send them back so I don't really want to burn Headroom or todd, etc. Suggestions?

Dec 17, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dstroot
I've been thinking about picking up a pair of HD650's. But I'd really like to get them and see if I really like 'em after burn in. So I'd like to buy 'em, use 'em for a couple weeks, then either keep them or return them if they aren't "sonic nirvana". I'm not shopping lowest price - I'm shopping liberal return policy. Does anyone have any suggestions? There's a 50% chance I send them back so I don't really want to burn Headroom or todd, etc. Suggestions?

Hi,

I bought mine as demos from Audio Advisor -- 30 day return policy there which they honour, no quibbles. I've also bought gear from Todd and Headroom both of whom offer terrific service. I don't think there's any harm in trying and then deciding against a product sold by a dealer who carries a satisfaction guarantee -- as long as you don't then pick it up cheaply from some discounter (which you won't, as you point out in your post).

good luck,

o

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm sure Todd is aware that people will use his return policy if they don't like a sound. I don't think you'd be burning him at all, and he'd benefit if you ended up keeping the headphones.

I'd go with Todd...his price is excellent too.

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 10
I don't think it's burning Todd or Headroom if you end up returning them..
I bought the HD650s from Todd, returned them, then went through the alternatives (CD3K, K501, etc.) and ended up buying another pair from him. Debated if I should cause him any more trouble, but decided he deserved the money. I sheeplishly said "Errr will you ahh still sell me a pair, I ahhh think I'll like them this time around?" He laughed and said "You think you're the first person to do that?"

Dec 17, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
"You think you're the first person to do that?"

Good laugh from that one!
icon10.gif

Thanks for the feedback folks.

Dec 17, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dstroot

Todd for the return policy.

Quick delivery, too! I am extremely pleased with his service.

If you want cheap, try here:

http://shop.vendio.com/inetdistribut...l?s=1103281757

Dec 18, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #10 of 10
Call me old-fashioned.. But i'm just curious. What's wrong with demo it in b&m store to help making up your mind before you buy? In San Diego, i assume should be plenty of places i can find HD650. I know that Todd or headroom may not mind. And it's true imo... you can only be certain when you can try it in your own setup. But activities like this is likely to discourage me and probably some poeple from buying from a good return policy. Frankly, I'll not be happy if i pay for a new pair of headphones and get a returned pair. Eww... germ...

Also, after knowing that people around here tends to do crazy thing during what you guys call "burn-in." For the people who don't believe in those, all the hours you put in are frankly just "wear and tear". If you've made up your mind and found out later that you made a mistake (eg: not match with your equipments, etc), then it might be acceptable. But to use their good return policy as a trial and buy thing, i don't think it's really fair.

If i'm 50/50 or can't find one to try first, i'll just buy a used pair. (and of course, thoroughly clean it.
600smile.gif
) If i don't like it, i'll simply sell it back here or on ebay without losing too much money.

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back