Place to buy ESW9 in Japan
Jun 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Than

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm leaving for Japan Tuesday, and I thought I'd pick a pair of these up while I'm there since they seem to be considerably cheaper. But it's an unfamiliar environment to me, so I was hoping somebody could point out a place to go, preferably in Tokyo.

Jun 1, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 14
well i don't know if they're considerably cheaper in tokyo. really depends on where you're getting them from. you can find them at yodobashi, bic camera or a number of places. there's also fujiya-avic but when i went two weeks ago, they didn't have any in stock. fujiya-avic typically has them for more reasonable prices than yodobashi or bic as they charge full price.

if you want to go to fujiya-avic, it's always best to call ahead as they don't always have what you want in stock. it's also a bit more difficult to find than yodobashi, which is just next to the akihabara station.

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 14
Thanks, I'll try them out. If they're cheaper elsewhere, I'd like to hear about it. I'll be visiting more than just Tokyo, that's just where I'll be staying the longest.

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 14
Don't expect to find them for TOO cheap in retail stores. I'm sure there are some nice hidden away places, but I'd go with online prices, like amazon.co.jp. Fujiya Avic's price was a little higher than the low online price last time I checked.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #6 of 14
audio-technica ATH-ESW9 at Yodobashi

Yodobashi has them for 29,800yen. Basically all the yodobashi will sell them for this same price (whether you go to the massive one in Akihabara or the one at Oimachi station). Basically all the major chains will be selling them for this price.

ATH-ESW9 at bic camera

I know I have seen them at the BicCamera in Kawasaki (Lazona plaza). Hope you enjoy your Japan visit!

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #7 of 14
One thing you can do: go to Google Japan, do a search for the headphones of interest, print out the site with the lowest price and take it to one of the big name stores like Yodobashi and they will likely give you a price match. Most of my headphones have been purchased that way.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing you can do: go to Google Japan, do a search for the headphones of interest, print out the site with the lowest price and take it to one of the big name stores like Yodobashi and they will likely give you a price match. Most of my headphones have been purchased that way.

Someone else told me this works, but I never tried it.

http://kakaku.com/item/20461511065 ESW9
Cheapest online price appears to be 21,832yen.
Best of luck.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #9 of 14
Not that I'm adding anything constructive here, but I'd just like to point out how much I envy you ^_^

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 14
Thanks so much for the help. I'll try to get a price match, and if that doesn't work, well I'll figure something out. I'm off tomorrow morning, thank you!

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 14
amazon.co.jp is showing them for 21,780 Yen currently with free shipping. If you're going to be in the same place for awhile, I'd likely just have them shipped to your hotel from Amazon Japan.

I'm envious - I've been coveting the ESW9's for awhile now. Been debating seeing if an acquaintance in Japan was willing to take delivery and ship to the US or if it would just be simpler to break down and pay Audio Cubes for the priviledge...

Let us know how you like them...

Jun 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #12 of 14
The thought had crossed my mind, but I won't be staying any one place too long, so I'm hesitant. My best bet seems to be to negotiate for a price match from Yodobashi. Thanks though.

I've had my eye on them for a long time. I've only struggled with it this long due to lack of funds. I'll try and post my thoughts about them, but I'm an amateur at best where that's concerned.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 14
http://www.pricejapan.com can deliver ordered goods directly to your hotel for visitors to Japan.
ESW9's are currently 21,832 Yen (around US$210) which includes delivery but they do have a minimum fee of US$30 on top of that....

"If you want price quote for Japan visitors, please e-mail to info@pricejapan.com
Basically price quote: (lowest price in Japan x our fee 1.03)
In case of under 120,000 Yen worth: (lowest price in Japan + minimum fee 3500 Yen)
Shipping cost in Japan inside is already included in that price."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back