PL50 or E30?
Jul 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

stfn22

New Head-Fier
I fancy trying some Soundmagics just for something different and an excuse to spend some more money (but not too much). I've been using Yamaha EPH-100 for the last couple of months and, while the sound is good, I, like many others, have had fit issues. But what really surprised me was that I found the bass too much for me. While the bass was supposed to be prominent, the EPH-100 is by no means a basshead iem. And I listen to mainly electronic, indie rock, with some jazz and a little classical. 

If the EPH-100 bass is too much, would the E30 also be? I have heard that they are close to neutral but with a little bass emphasis, while the PL50 have a flat signature. I am interested in trying a BA but would also be concerned that they are too bass light. I am being fussy, I want some good quality bass but not too much?.Any ideas?

I am looking at the Soundmagics as they fit current budget requirements and the important comfort for smaller ears requirements but would be open to other suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back