PL30 Replacements
Feb 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pulse14

100+ Head-Fier
Well after about two years my PL30's have finally developed their first issue, a little buzz in the left diaphragm. So I'm looking for a replacement.

As far as what I'm looking for, I liked my PL30's response. Very neutral, very flat. At times it would become boring, and didn't respond well at all to EQing, whether from foobar, a clip+ on rockbox, or a fuze on rockbox. I think I would prefer to keep it to a more neutral response, but maybe with the ability to EQ. My favorite part about the PL30 was the fit though. They were extremely light, over ear, and the large foamies included with them were the only tips that I've been able to wear for long periods of time without loss of seal. It would be great if my next pair could use these same tips (for reference, PL30's fit the Comply 400's). Lastly, I will be using these on a fairly loud bus, so the higher the isolation the better. 

I have a $25 gift card to amazon, so preferably around $25-$50 and on amazon.

So far I've been looking at the beta, the e30, the pl50, the a151, and the pro alpha. but am unsure about how any would compare to the PL30. It also doesn't need to be an IEM either, I am open to any suggestions.

Any help is appreciated!

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 2
If you want a neutral phone, get the PL50 or Etymotic MC5/3 (the 3 comes with a mike)
e30 is more bassy I think.... All the IEM's you mention are in joker's thread, it'll be good to look there for comfort, isolation, and SQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back