PL-50 Foam tips
May 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Elysium

New Head-Fier
Hello,

One of the large soft earbuds that came with my Soundmagic PL-50 is damaged after a bit of wear and tear.  I tried using the medium size ones, but they do not fit well.  I'm considering either Comply or the Olive-on-Jays mod from ClieOS, but I'm not certain where I can get the materials, what size I should get (the shure olives don't seem to be sold in mixed size packs), or if it's really worth it. My budget for this is only $20.  Any ideas?

May 30, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
Hello,

One of the large soft earbuds that came with my Soundmagic PL-50 is damaged after a bit of wear and tear.  I tried using the medium size ones, but they do not fit well.  I'm considering either Comply or the Olive-on-Jays mod from ClieOS, but I'm not certain where I can get the materials, what size I should get (the shure olives don't seem to be sold in mixed size packs), or if it's really worth it. My budget for this is only $20.  Any ideas?

Sony Ultimates $7 in most stores like best buy..I'm not certain the shure foams will fit the PL-50.Shure and Comply go large to large , medium to medium and so on..

May 30, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
No, the PL30 has a much wider and shorter noozle and comes with different tips. btw the medium size of Shure foams is most equal to the large SoundMAGIC foams.

Yea, I think I will want to go with the Shure foams, however I would like to have a mix pack of medium and large pair just in case.  Is it only available seperately, aside from buying Shure IEMs?

May 31, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:

Yea, I think I will want to go with the Shure foams, however I would like to have a mix pack of medium and large pair just in case.  Is it only available seperately, aside from buying Shure IEMs?

Guess so, Shure don't offer assorted packs what I know. I can tell the large Shure foams are way more large than the ones that just failed for you. I then suggest you to get the mediums. 
For Comply, the T-100 and TX-100 series are the way to go.
Another option could be the Sony hybrid silicone tips, They work also pretty well with PL50 and comes in various sizes.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 7
A fair warning....if you get the Olives, be prepared to stretch the core quite a bit to get them to fit since (needle nosed pliers or something). And once they are on, consider them as permanently fixed to the nozzle - if you try to remove them, most likely the olive will be ripped from the core.  I'm not trying to discourage you, but you should know that they will not be a perfect/easy fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back