PK1 performance on vocals?
Nov 3, 2007 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

krc2

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there, seriously considering going for a set of PK1s.
I was thinking of getting the minibox amp for them, but since I already have the headphonia I figured I'd keep it and try that first.

My question is how do you find vocals to be presented on the PK1? I've heard that it is quite amazing with piano, but curious now about male and especially female vocals. My current DT880s present female vocals with excellent clarity and detail, but I feel that they are perhaps a tad analytical and are missing some sort of depth.

Any impressions? I did a search but couldnt really find the answer I was looking for

edit: I should mention that I really enjoy the sound of vocals through the K701 and K271 AKGs. I suppose Im a sucker for the AKG signature mids

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Sound good/great to me, but don't have any definitive tech details. Guess there really is only one way to find out. You could check with Kramer or one of the more astute PK1 owners. I just love the way they sound in general, vocals included.

Nov 4, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 3
Although there are times that the PK1s lack a little scale when compared to a full size headphone these discrete little stealth phones really sing. I am certainly fussy when it comes to female vocals and in this the PK1s are certainly capable. I will leave comparison with your existing favourites to those who own the 880s and 701s.

I am enjoying Katie Melua while writing, PK1s delivering her dulcet whispers quite beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back