Pitchfork's and Cokemachineglow's Top 50 Albums of 2006
Jan 1, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #46 of 47
Well one thing I didn't like, I was reading some review on some psych/trance stuff by pitchfork.

They were going on how they're a bunch of art school posers with nothing to say in their music.

Ahhhh... don't know about you guys but to me the most important thing in music is amazingly enough how it sounds.

I couldn't care less if they have nothing to say or if they are posers if they sound good, in this case, on further listening they didn't. That isn't the point though.

Yes, that is not the be all and end all, I personally do place a bit of importance on meaningful lyrics, the band/artist's image, if the album is an entire experience with the songs complimenting and leading into each other perfectly or just a few good songs and some fluff stuffed together. However ultimately the main enjoyment to me in music is that when they vibrate their vochal cords, bang stuff together, pull on some strings, hit some keys and blow down a piece of metal, that it makes beautiful music.

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:21 AM Post #47 of 47
Both these lists are pretty horrible. JT is way too low/not there, I saw no mention of AZ, no Julian Fane (forgivable, as it is an 07 release in the US), the Knife is pretty miserable, well I could go on. My list was pretty damn different than both of these pretentious INDIECREDMAXXX site's, thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back