Pitchfork new 10.0
Nov 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #46 of 60
""Gossip Gossip
n gass just stop it
everybody know I`m a motherf*  monster.."" (dedicated to all Animal Collective fans..)

Who would ever thought I could listen to this..
I put it on my car, vooow.. I just need a bigger car..

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #49 of 60
^ Agree about the sound quality. 

Worth mentioning that Pitchfork is not the only tastemaker to pronounce the album's perfection.

People magazine gave it 4 out of 4 stars, calling it an "instant classic" that "reaches Olympian heights". 

So there you have it -- from People to Pitchfork, a perfect album.

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #50 of 60
On the music review aggregator Metacritic, Kanye's album is also garnering universal acclaim with a 92/100 average score.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy/critic-reviews

On the metadata rating database RateYourMusic, it's also the top album for 2010 with a 3.90 score (out of 5.00) from 1,584 ratings

http://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/2010

Just saying. Yeah, it's not just Pitchfork.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #51 of 60
My intent up above was somewhat sarcastic.

I'm still baffled why so many reviewers -- from People to Pitchfork -- are throwing around words like masterpiece to describe this album. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #53 of 60
I'm personally waiting for an Instrumental version(hopefully un/re-mastered) of the album because i was rather underwhelmed with the majority of the lyrical aspects of the album, but the production is fantastic.

Quote:
My intent up above was somewhat sarcastic.

I'm still baffled why so many reviewers -- from People to Pitchfork -- are throwing around words like masterpiece to describe this album. 

What baffles me is how so many people seem to think music reviews or the perception of others is what defines the quality of an album. You either like an album or you don't, beyond that what does it matter?

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #54 of 60
I can't read this whole thread because it will probably put me in a piss poor mood, but after discussing this album with some friends it's amazing how everyone really wanted to like it at first but just found the album frustrating and un-fun (and not in a good Trout Mask Replica way, either).
Kanye is like the Tumblr of pop music. you can add gloss, add grit, reference culture and "culture" and "couture" and what you're left with is a mediocre pastiche of things that are trending now.
AKA:
A music journalist's writer's wet dream.

Has anyone seen the photo of Kanye using fruity loops on PC?
just sayin...

Dec 7, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #55 of 60

Quote:
I can't read this whole thread because it will probably put me in a piss poor mood, but after discussing this album with some friends it's amazing how everyone really wanted to like it at first but just found the album frustrating and un-fun (and not in a good Trout Mask Replica way, either).
Kanye is like the Tumblr of pop music. you can add gloss, add grit, reference culture and "culture" and "couture" and what you're left with is a mediocre pastiche of things that are trending now.
AKA:
A music journalist's writer's wet dream.

Has anyone seen the photo of Kanye using fruity loops on PC?
just sayin...

I couldn't agree with you more, although I do like Kanye.

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #56 of 60
Pitchfork wouldn't know music if it bit them in the arse.

Stop reading reviews. There's no benefit to them. The people are untrained and moronic. Even if you are untrained and moronic, you can come up with an opinion just as valid as theirs.

Quote:
RedSky0 said:

You're missing Nujabes. That and Madvillain are the only 2 pure hip-hop artists I can stand personally. Mostly because they push the genre than anything else. Trip-hop is a different story and (I reckon) is generally far more interesting.

Nujabes is extremely run of the mill for instrumental hiphop. Champloo and dying are his only claims to fame (but whatever, he's better than many other popular artists).

Dec 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #57 of 60
I'd totally agree on the actual review part of things, especially the number.  The whole turning quality into quantity thing drives me nuts. 

But I find Pitchfork is good for exposure to artists who are unique/different and who I wouldn't have heard of otherwise.  Picking up a few gems over the years that I still love to this day is enough to keep me going back.

Quote:
Pitchfork wouldn't know music if it bit them in the arse.

Stop reading reviews. There's no benefit to them. The people are untrained and moronic. Even if you are untrained and moronic, you can come up with an opinion just as valid as theirs.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:
Bordering on unlistenable through headphones.

Sound quality is horrible, worst mastering I ever heard. It's clipped as **** even on Skullcandy Ink'd and Meelectronics M9. Let's just hope for a remaster... 
frown.gif
 But instrumentally, I think it's Kanye's best album.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #60 of 60
oh pitchfork, 10.0 definitely sparks some curiosity, but this album isn't for me, couldn't get past the 30 second mark for most songs... delete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back