Piss-poor battery life from CT570!
Jul 24, 2002 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

n4rc0l3pt1c

New Head-Fier
I'm using the Panasonic PCDP, CT570 and it's great and all, I like it a lot, but the battery life without any anti-shock is only what seems like 5-6 hours, 8 at most? Is this supposed to be how long the battery lasts? I'm using the stock rechargeables and charging it to full before using, and my headphones are V6s and SportaPros.

CT570 users: What battery life do you get? Is this normal? My CT570 was refurbished...there might be something fishy.

Jul 24, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 14
Are you using the 2AA external battery pack? If you don't use that, your battery life from just 2AAA batteries won't be very good..

Also what kind of batteries are you using?

Biggie.

Jul 24, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 14
I get about ten hours on two AAA's and about 35 hours with 2 AAA's and 2 AA's in the battery pack. The rechargeables gave me about 2/3 of the time, so I stopped using them. Basically, I buy a pack of AA and a pack of AAA every three weeks (Two hours a day during the work week).

Jul 24, 2002 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 14
narcoleptic: Without anti-skip, you say? Yup, your numbers are fairly similar to my experience. But my old Sanyo, my newer Sanyos and my Philips are not much different, so I don't think you have a reason to worry about your unit.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 24, 2002 at 1:42 PM Post #5 of 14
Anti-skip on this model should actually improve battery life as it spins up to fill up the buffer than "coasts".

Jul 24, 2002 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 14
Hmm, I must be pretty lucky with this. I'm still on the original AA's with almost 50 hours. Driving Senn 497's with 10-sec. anti-shock. I'm using the cheapest alkalines I could find, Rayovac. I haven't even charged the AAA's that came with it yet.

Aug 5, 2002 at 7:11 PM Post #9 of 14
Yes, you can (and probably SHOULD) use both types of batteries together to maximize battery life. The off-board battery pack is pretty neat... it's a little plastic bar that attaches to the unit right where the plug goes for recharging. Check your packaging from when you bought the unit to see if it's in there. Adds a little bit of wight/bulk, but not much. And it definately improves battery life. I'd concur with the above observations... change all batteries about every two to three weeks, depneding on my listening. Of course, YMMV.

Bruce

Aug 5, 2002 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 14
That should last you a day already. My D-303 only last me 2 hours at most. D-E905 last only 8 hours too.
biggrin.gif
As long it souds great..it's cool.

Aug 6, 2002 at 6:05 AM Post #12 of 14
u guys should be happy. i used to have charge 3 sets of AA batteries. just to get maybe one whole days worth of use (6hours). the batts only have about 650mah.

each set last about 2 hours.

its on a pana sl200. very old model bought from a friend. maybe it was defective when i got it.

But now i got myself a philips AX512. this model i have is in a sleek ruby red. very happy with it. sound quality very good too...none of the graininess from jvc model i exchanged.

built quality is great. when holding-feels sturdy.

EC.PHL.AX512317.CN.JPG

heres how it looks like, for anyone thats shopping for budget player. for anyone that dont want a blueish pana...or silvery sony.

Aug 6, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #13 of 14
Kench,

Quote:

Should i go Grado? after owning Sporta and ksc50.

Grado SR-80 will bring out the best in your PCDP. Why not?

Purk

Aug 7, 2002 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Kench,

Grado SR-80 will bring out the best in your PCDP. Why not?

Purk

hmmmmm, spending $100. I did audition the sr-80.....it didnt give me the wows, but i did really really like the clarity and the listening stage u get (whats the word?).

the sr-60s didnt do anything for me when i tried it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back