Pioneer VSX-521 and Edifier R2750DB
Apr 22, 2021 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sbsolarski

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I plan to purchase a pair of Edifier R2750DB active speakers for my TV setup. At the moment I use a Pioneer VSX-521 with a bunch of passive speakers + sub.

Can I still use the VSX-521 with my active speakers? how would I go about connecting them together?

I've copied the IO below.

1619071495362.png

I was hoping to keep the Pioneer Receiver because of all the HDMI inputs (I use more than a few devices like a PC, 3x game consoles and a blu ray player). I would then sell off the passive speakers but keep the sub for a 2.1 setup.

OR

Is the better option to connect the Edifier active speakers directly to my TV and purchase a HDMI switch for the input selection (sadly my TV only has 4 hdmi inputs).

OR

Is there a better receiver I can purchase that will work well with my Edifier speakers and spare subwoofer.

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Bump.

I ended up purchasing the speakers to test if I can indeed connect them to the VSX-521 and unfortunately I cannot. The only Pre-Outs are for Front Height Speakers or Back Surround as part of a surround setup. Short story there is no possible way for my to pre-out stereo with that AV receiver.

I'm considering selling the AV receiver and passive speaker set as I tested the Edifiers using bluetooth and they were much better (less muddy).

So now I have two options, I connect the speakers to my TV and get a HDMI switch OR I purchase an AV receiver with stereo pre out.

Any recommendations out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back