Pioneer SX-1250 Receiver Problems......
Apr 15, 2004 at 5:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vwap

Padawan.
Hi all,

I've got an old Pioneer SX-1250 that I'm having problems with. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it outputs for about a minute before I hear a "click" and then the signal going dead. This happens regardless of what the input is.

I've noticed that at louder volumes (~11 o'clock mark), the sound returns, but at very high levels. I can't sustain these levels long enough to see if these, too, cut out.

This happens both using the speaker outputs and the headphone out.

Not having any speakers (yet), and not having fully moved in, I plugged in the fronts of my Klipsch Pro Media 4.1 speakers directly into the speaker outputs of the Pioneer. Would this be the cause of the problem? Are the Klipsch not suited to be driven by a receiver?

Using the headphone out with a pair of SR200, the same thing happens, and returns at the same point, so I'm not sure if this throws out my last theory.

Another thought I had was that there's something broken or blown inside. Reason being, There are two massive heatsinks on both the right hand side and the left hand side (both near the rear of the unit). The right-hand side is scorching hot, while the left-hand side isn't hot at all. The click I hear is eminating from the left side...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Apr 16, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Is all well with the 1250?

I have an old SX-1050 in my basement strorage area. This was my 1st piece of quality audio equipment. I never pluged in a set of cans. How is the headphone output? I have the HD650's and am looking for an excuse to drag the old Pioneer out of storage.

Thanks In Advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back