Pioneer query, would the pioneer hdj-cue1 or the hrm5 or hdj-X5...
Jan 12, 2021 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lazysnakes

New Head-Fier
Which would have the best bass response and eq-ability for overall loudness and loudness below 60 hrtz?
This is a basshead question, accept I'm also asking about sonic clarity and acoustical properties and nuances someone would have heard within these.
I plan on doing mostly bass line restructure for production and mixes, but I may do some outside and I've narrowed it down to these.

I believe these compete with AudioTechnica M20x and similar of which I frankly didnt have good experience with, all of my 5 ATs broke including pro700MK2s internally within a year or two of use so I'd like to try Pioneer they have a real warranty and may be a better bet for musical abuse. The build doesn't matter so much as the capability of getting loud for long periods of time (or reaaaallly loud for a few seconds, frequently.)

Jan 12, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 5
If durability is an issue, then you should highly consider the Sennheiser HD25(-1 ii, preferably, but discontinued) with interchangeable earpads, cable, and headband:

https://www.ebay.com/p/114556888

If you want to hear how they (at least what looks to be the HD25 basic) mix live, then watch Afrojack’s private mix (search deeper on YouTube for any one of his live performances):

Users who are viewing this thread

Back