Pioneer Private XDP-20 || ESS ES9018C2M || Dual SD Card || Bluetooth || WiFi || DSD || MQA || 2.5 mm Balanced
Jan 13, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #17 of 36
This site states it's Android based but there is no basis for the info.

https://www.avforums.com/product/pioneer-xdp-02u.11395

IF it's android based could be interested. Got it's bigger brother the xdp100r which is a nice player but BIG in physical terms. After something a little more portable in all honesty. Only thing I could find about android after a bit of googling is something on the home page of pioneers site, but it's also included with itunes so god knows.

Jan 13, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #18 of 36
IF it's android based could be interested. Got it's bigger brother the xdp100r which is a nice player but BIG in physical terms. After something a little more portable in all honesty. Only thing I could find about android after a bit of googling is something on the home page of pioneers site, but it's also included with itunes so god knows.
Are you referring to the 'boiler plate' disclaimers that appear at the bottom of the page? They are cut and paste and appear on every product page on that site.

Edit: I'm quietly hopeful for this new Pioneer but people watching this because they found XDP-30R too expensive might like to know that in the UK at least that player is currently £239 at Richer Sounds.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 36
Are you referring to the 'boiler plate' disclaimers that appear at the bottom of the page? They are cut and paste and appear on every product page on that site.

Edit: I'm quietly hopeful for this new Pioneer but people watching this because they found XDP-30R too expensive might like to know that in the UK at least that player is currently £239 at Richer Sounds.

Over here on this side of the pond it looks like the 30R and the 02U will be roughly the same price. I'm waiting for the reviews to come out on this one as I was about to pull the trigger on the 30R, but I really like this new one.

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #20 of 36

Yep, thought it would be something like that. In that case the new pioneer will probably be a cut down version of the 30r.

Apr 9, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #25 of 36
May have already missed the boat what with the shanling and Hiby new models coming out soon.

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #27 of 36
Anyone get this unit, not many reviews? Is this any good?

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #28 of 36
I went to best buy and ordered the pioneer xdp-02u today. I guess it's being imported because it says it will be here by September 1st that's long for shipping, usually best buy ships things in 3 days. I cannnot tell in this video if the case is made of metal or plastic. I dont know much about daps but I'm learning. Experts how do the specs look on this model? Is this comparable to hiby r3, or any shanling models? This seems to tick all my boxes, small size, 15 hours battery, android, fast os, wifi, bluetooth, it even has dual card slots. Not sure about aptx, or ldac, I bet it will have it, or soon will get it. Looks pretty cool, I wish it came in black, only pink, white and blue, i ordered the white version. On the website they have a nice little plastic case for it but 50.00! DAM!!!

Unboxing

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #29 of 36
I went to best buy and ordered the pioneer xdp-02u today. I guess it's being imported because it says it will be here by September 1st that's long for shipping, usually best buy ships things in 3 days. I cannnot tell in this video if the case is made of metal or plastic. I dont know much about daps but I'm learning. Experts how do the specs look on this model? Is this comparable to hiby r3, or any shanling models? This seems to tick all my boxes, small size, 15 hours battery, android, fast os, wifi, bluetooth, it even has dual card slots. Not sure about aptx, or ldac, I bet it will have it, or soon will get it. Looks pretty cool, I wish it came in black, only pink, white and blue, i ordered the white version. On the website they have a nice little plastic case for it but 50.00! DAM!!!

Unboxing

hi!

i have FIIO X1 and can get xdp-02u brand new for 215$.
would that be significant upgrade?
as for headphones I have RHA MA750.

Aug 24, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #30 of 36
Where are you getting that price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back