pioneer headphones?
Apr 8, 2002 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 16
Wow, these are cool looking cans indeed. They also appear to be very well made. I haven't seen them in any shops in Europe, actually I don't recall seeing any Pioneer cans.
Very curious about their sound and price.

Apr 8, 2002 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 16
Wow, those are sexy looking cans!
eek.gif
Anyone know what these retail for? Maybe EIFL can get them for us to try?

Apr 8, 2002 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 16
Strange, they have the sort of grado styling thing going on with the metal cans, the minimalist strap, and the little metal antenna things
smily_headphones1.gif
I know lots of companies that would LOVE to have grado's sound quality, but I can't think of many who envy their appearance
smily_headphones1.gif

Though, if I were making a studio phone, I might intentionally make it look blocky and old fashioned. There is sort of a style associated with people who don't care about style. There isn't really any specific reason why grado couldn't make their phones look nicer, but if they did, while they would gain the support of a few people who are really concerned with style, but they would lose the support of people who are in the style of not having a style. People would say 'why does grado suddenly care about how 'pretty' their phones are?? are they turning into SONY? I don't care how my phones look, i just want them to sound good' and they wouldn't buy the pretty grado's.

Maybe pioneer is going after this 'style-less style' group. An intentional lack of style says 'hey, i'm a serious headphone! I'm not about shiny chrome and multi-colored velvet, i'm about sound, so if you want a cute little pansy phone, look elsewhere, but if you want a serious piece of equipment, who's rugged durability will provide you with perfect sound for years, then come on in.'

Its like sprite with their 'Thirst is everything' campaign, its the coolest hippest new style to not have a cool hip style. yo.

anyway, they look neat, I wonder when they are coming to the US?
smily_headphones1.gif

peace,
phidauex

Apr 8, 2002 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 16
The phones look alright, but what's all that funny writing around them?
wink.gif

Actually I'm more interested in the Pioneer SE M270 and 370 models. Anyone heard anything of these?

Apr 8, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by jbannow
phidauex,

Are you trying to say I have no style?
biggrin.gif

No no, you have the style of having no style. Its like being a square, but being so square, and totally digging your squareness, that by a little known property of quantum physics, you actually become cool. BUT, if you become cool through this property, and then start actually caring about being cool, and reveling in your new-found coolness, then it will leave you again! You have to steadfastly remain square, in order to preserve that sort of reflexive coolness.

Bjork is similar, she doesn't really follow any fashion trends, she just kind of does her own thing off to the side (like wearing giant swans around). Normally, that wouldn't be cool, but she's so into it, and so un-selfconcious about it, that it becomes cool again. If she started being more concerned about her coolness, she would lose the coolness that she has accumulated through not being cool.

Man, thats confusing. Grados are so uncool looking, that their owners look uncool, but they are so happy with their phones, and wear them so proudly, that people see it, and know that they really ARE cool, despite their seemingly uncool appearance. Its like, they aren't cool, but they don't care, and that makes them cool.

Ok, I'm done, back to your regularly scheduled headphone reading.

peace,
phidauex

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 16
PIONEER AM GOOD BUT SLICSOUND ARE TEH BETTAR MOST! EYE PUT THEM IN MEYE EARS AND THEY MAKE TEH BESTEST SOUNDS U EVAR HERD I PROMISE THIS AND I HAVE MANY PARES OF SLICSOUND BECAUSE THEY R COMFTERBAL AND U CAN SEA SLICSOUND AT MANY STOREZ I RECOMAND U BYE THEM RITE NOW!

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by jbannow
Uh oh ... I listen to Bjork in Grados ... I think I'm in trouble now. I suppose that makes me ultra uncool-cool.
eek.gif

Maybe the proper term for this behavior is "suavé."
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by punosion

Maybe the proper term for this behavior is "suavé."
evil_smiley.gif

I'll tell my fiance that when she sees me in my "huge honkin' headphones".
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 10:08 PM Post #12 of 16
Those headphones are kinda cool looking. They're alright though.

Apr 8, 2002 at 10:17 PM Post #13 of 16
Are those new or an older model? Anyone speak Japanese that can translate? What's pricing?

markl

Apr 8, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Osaire
PIONEER AM GOOD BUT SLICSOUND ARE TEH BETTAR MOST! EYE PUT THEM IN MEYE EARS AND THEY MAKE TEH BESTEST SOUNDS U EVAR HERD I PROMISE THIS AND I HAVE MANY PARES OF SLICSOUND BECAUSE THEY R COMFTERBAL AND U CAN SEA SLICSOUND AT MANY STOREZ I RECOMAND U BYE THEM RITE NOW!

Wow, thanks for sharing.

Back on topic, those cans look extremely good. Almost the best i have seen (love that industrial look).

Also, I would kill to see a review of these cans!

Apr 8, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #15 of 16
the 8's are about $75 and the 10's are about $120. next time i see them in a shop i will ask if i can listen to them but so far, my experience is that they will tell me no. also, i think that they are only a few years old at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back