Pioneer DV-563A - Impressions.
Feb 22, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Koui
John, for watching movies I just follow the instructions in the manual (pg 73) for resetting the player to the factory default...quick and simple!

It's even better....I just took out a CD...put in the DVD of Phone Booth ....the player read that it was a Dolby Digital DVD and it is pumping the correct 5.1 signal to my receiver via the Coax digital connection. My receiver is indicating DD 5.1 and Coaxial and it sounds perfect out of all my speakers
John

I am like this player more and more!

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #18 of 19
John, are you saying that even with digital output set to 'off' that you're getting a 5.1 signal through the coax out? There's a tip in the manual (pg 54) that states :

"When listening to sources with 192/176.4Khz sampling rates, you improve the audio quality by switching off the digital output."

That's the main reason I set digital out to off with the setup navigator for music listening. I very seldom use the video functions on the 563 except for selecting the stereo layer on some DVD-As that won't switch from multichannel using the 'Audio' button on the remote. I use WinDVD on my PC to watch movies on my NEC LCD monitor and listen through headphones since I don't own a home theater setup.

May 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #19 of 19
Yup..even though I set digital out to OFF in the initial settings...the player must read that its a DVD with a 5.1 track and automatically turn on the digital out.

However...I just tried Gladiator with its DTS track and I had to adjust the Digital out to ON.

So I guess I will just need to check settings for each use...thanks for the Reset info.
John

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back