Pioneer A-35r volume motor problem
Oct 28, 2006 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bpm2000

500+ Head-Fier
I recently got a used a-35r from ebay and everything works fine except for the volume knob. Or maybe the motor to it. I finally got some batteries to put in the remote and when I try to adjust the volume with the remote the motor makes noise but the knob doesnt physically turn. I can manually turn the knob and that works fine however. Anyone know what the problem might be?

thx

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 7
ugh, im guessing sourcing the motor and replacing it isntgoing to be an easy issue?

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 7
If you buy the service manual, it will include a part number for the motorized pot, then presumably you can order it from a Pioneer authorized repair place.

Just as a check, make sure that the "amp mode" button is not toggled to "on." That prevents the remote from working.

Oct 31, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
If you buy the service manual, it will include a part number for the motorized pot, then presumably you can order it from a Pioneer authorized repair place.

Just as a check, make sure that the "amp mode" button is not toggled to "on." That prevents the remote from working.

Do you mean SB mode? And yes its not on.

Oct 31, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 7
For $5.00 you can get the PDF of the service manual here.
Get the part number and order it from Pioneer or any authorized service center....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back