PINT board still available?
Dec 30, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 12
Yep, that's the only way. There is only one unpopulated PINT left here in the Tangent Electronics Fortress of Solitude, and it's the official "file copy".

The PINT successor project is not dead, though. I expect to get some more work on it done here in the long weekend, though there are other things scheduled already...

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PINT successor project is not dead, though. I expect to get some more work on it done here in the long weekend, though there are other things scheduled already...

Successor? Nice … Anything published about it yet? Will it be just as small as the PINT and maybe even run on a couple of AAA's or one 9V block?

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 12
Tangent and money permitting you could get some boards made yourself if you're desperate. There are a few fabs that cater to small prototype runs.

Dec 30, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

DROOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!! No pressure, but I think you have a lot of HeadFiers counting on you for their happiness in the New Year!

Dec 31, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate
Anything published about it yet?

No, the circuit isn't 100% finalized yet. Still trying things.... I'll post about it on Headwize when I have something concrete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz
Tangent and money permitting you could get some boards made yourself if you're desperate. There are a few fabs that cater to small prototype runs.

Normally I'm inclined to release the PCB art and such for discontinued projects, as I've done with the META42 and MINT. But not the PINT. It's broken, so if you're going to go ahead and make more anyway, you're on your own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp
No pressure, but I think you have a lot of HeadFiers counting on you for their happiness in the New Year!

Oh, cool, I have a whole year to get it out, then?
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 12
Well that's why I said tangent willing, I had a feeling you'd have that attitude.
tongue.gif

So If you want to go that way you're going to have to break into the Tangent Electronics Fortress of Solitude and steal the last remaining board. Good luck on that one, the security measures are as imposing as the name.
icon10.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Normally I'm inclined to release the PCB art and such for discontinued projects, as I've done with the META42 and MINT. But not the PINT. It's broken, so if you're going to go ahead and make more anyway, you're on your own.

Broken? Okay, thanks for letting me know!

I've been watching the SOHA thread on Headwize, so at least I've got something to keep me off the streets.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're going to have to break into the Tangent Electronics Fortress of Solitude and steal the last remaining board. Good luck on that one, the security measures are as imposing as the name.
icon10.gif

Oh, yeah, you think it's gonna be soooo easy, dontcha, ankle-biter? Yeah, you didn't count on the fact that the boards are kept in a state of the art, nearly unbreakable storage container, or that it's held in place by an uninterruptible stream graviton particles, didja? And that's if you manage to get into the inner sanctum at all, as IEATTEFLON intimated, wise man that he is.

I'll tell my minions to be waiting for you, mops in hand, to clean your remains from my domicile floor after you've attempted entrance. Muuuuahhhahhhahha!

Jan 2, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Oh, yeah, you think it's gonna be soooo easy, dontcha, ankle-biter? Yeah, you didn't count on the fact that the boards are kept in a state of the art, nearly unbreakable storage container, or that it's held in place by an uninterruptible stream graviton particles, didja? And that's if you manage to get into the inner sanctum at all, as IEATTEFLON intimated, wise man that he is.

I'll tell my minions to be waiting for you, mops in hand, to clean your remains from my domicile floor after you've attempted entrance. Muuuuahhhahhhahha!

So the legends were true.
blink.gif

You're as much a madman as a genius.
biggrin.gif

However impervious to PINT stealers your fortress is I have come up with a way past the Hall of Defective Op-amps:

attachment.php

Next I'll be brainstorming ways to break the unbreakable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back