PINT and/or Modified Linkwitz Crossfeed layout forprototype board?
May 31, 2006 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tola555

100+ Head-Fier
Have few boards with that type of pattern left from cmoy : http://www.mindresearch.com.hk/img/big/29110.jpg . Anybody has layout for Linkwitz or Pint or both? If they are on one board together its OK too. And maybe there is opamps for PINT that fit in protoboard holes? (making life easy
wink.gif
)
thanx.

May 31, 2006 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 4
the opamps used in the PInt are SOIC package. Thee are no a direct it to the protoboard holes but it can be done. Search for member sijosae and his headphone builds(they're in a different forum) He uses SMD components in protoboards.

But the pint uses lots of SMD and it would be extremely dificult if not impossible to build one in a protoboard.

May 31, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
the opamps used in the PInt are SOIC package. Thee are no a direct it to the protoboard holes but it can be done. Search for member sijosae and his headphone builds(they're in a different forum) He uses SMD components in protoboards.

But the pint uses lots of SMD and it would be extremely dificult if not impossible to build one in a protoboard.

I have built one with big size components like Cmoy has. Soldered opamps on 8 pin opamp socket with help of wires cut from resistors but Its not right way. Problem is that my input ground is too long because of polypropylen caps on +12V and -12V amp power are too big
icon10.gif
. Guess what happened? Ground is hot. Maybe opamp is broken because I firstly soldered IG and OG to one
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back