Pinpoint Precision Gaming headphones. HD550 or AD700 (MODIFIED TITLE)
Dec 7, 2009 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dub Beatz

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, it's me again. As some of you know I purchased a pair of Ultrasone Dj1 Pro's a few months back and i absolutely love them. Only thing is, they're strictly for music and not for gaming (atleast that's what I use em for.) Basically, I got a nasty computer but never thought to invest in a good soundcard or even good headphones for that matter. I was thinking about purchasing the X-fi Xtreme Gamer card =>Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
Keep in mind, this is gaming STRICTLY. As in, 100% gaming 0% anything else. I heard the AD700's were INCREDIBLE at pinpointing sound and distance, I also hear the HD550's are great too. The thing is, I won't spend over $130 because I gotta buy the card too. I also want good bass which I hear the AD700 lacks, but i was wondering, would the Xtreme Gamer card's EQ boost it up to that booming bass you get with explosions that make you scream like a little girl?

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 6
I have 2 turtle beach 5.1 headsets, the hpa2 and x52. Both broke shortly after their warranty(extremely short 90 days), it wasn't anything audio related that broke, it was where the headband connected to the earcups, on both different models. Disregarding their sub par SQ, I would say just avoid them for their bad build quality.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 6
Really? I read a ton of reviews saying these were quite durable... As long as you don't drop, kick, step on or toss them haha. But I've been doing some more reading... If I purchased the ATH AD700's and paired em up with the Xtreme Gamer card would I get a simulated surround sound effect that could semi compare to cans designed specifically for 5.1? I hear the Ad700's have incredible sound stage and accuracy when it comes to games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back