pink noise EQ???
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

radiohlite

100+ Head-Fier
how exactly would one go about it?? i know you're supposed to make all the octaves sound even, but if you're using, say 'electri-q' where you can pick thousands of frequencies to increase or decrease, which ones do you pick??? or should i just go and test every 100hz or what?

i mean, i can obviously hear all the peaks and dips, but if i was gonna single them out using SineGen it's pretty much useless since that program is running with my normal headphone FR, where i've got Foobar loaded with 'channel mixer' and 'dolby headphone'. now i can run a sine sweep on Foobar, but i'll be unable to tell what 'number' frequency is peaking or dipping...

am i making sense? can someone help????

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #2 of 4
pink noise is used in conjunction with a spectrum analyzer to adjust sound reinforcement venues. There are other applications, but this is probably the most popular and the one your referring to .

I use it for adjusting the acoustics of a concert area as the people come in and fill it up. Its equal amounts of energy in each octave, or put another way each octave carries an equal amount of noise power.When you send this out the analyzer will measure this and allow you to see the dips or peaks to be adjusted (usually with a graphic EQ), but you can use more specific EQs too.

Is this along the lines of what your asking?

Sep 2, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 4
well, yeah. except i'm doing it for headphones, there is no spectrum analyzer (only one's ears), and a parametric EQ.

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 4
without the analyzer you have no way to accurately measure the pink noise to even make the adjustments.

There would need to be some kind of a Mic to capture that output.

I am not familiar with your application, but maybe someone else is. The formal application for pink noise is what I was referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back