pink floyd's "empty spaces" full version (like in the movie)...vs original album version
Oct 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi.  first i would like to say that the new pink floyd rematered albums sound AMAZING!  just like the beatles remasters.     
anyway..the wall is really amazing cretion,almost perfect...why almost?  because IMO the song "empty spaces" should have been the full version that appears in the movie "The wall"...or in the live concert of the album.  I like this version so much,they  at least should have entered the first part where the drums kicks in...you know what i am talking about?  this part really makes you think of a cretion of a wall..it is a really great piece of music,just like the song "the happiest days..." which imo is the best track in the album.

Oct 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 4
just to further indicate what part exactly i mean...take a look in this clip from the movie,i am talkink about the part that starts at 2:06 exactly..this part is really missing in the original albm version imo.  if it was there it would be perfect. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 4
I think I know that off by heart, I certainly used to. I agree, the album version just doesn't do it justice - almost as though they went over time and had to choose a song to cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back