Pink Floyd: The Endless River
Nov 10, 2014 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jfaaz

Head-Fier
I downloaded Pink Floyd: The Endless River and did not expect to much.  I am pleasantly surprised by the this material and have been enjoying it very much.  It does not sound like leftovers from the Division Bell, just fresh Floyd ambient but compelling.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 16
Listening to the CD now...sounds great and the content is so much more than just a companion disk to The Division Bell. Very impressed so far!

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 16
Is the new Pink Floyd album nearly all instrumental? I may be going to the store soon, and though I'll probably like the album, I don't think I'll spend $10+ on an instrumental CD. I'd prefer an album with vocals, and may pick up something else if this album doesn't have any.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #8 of 16
This weekend got the HiRes (96/24) download from Qobuz. Even nicer surprise :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 16
By the wa, if you get it, get the Deluxe edition. The extra tracks are no filler, but actually good!

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #10 of 16
I listened to the album last night with my Sennheiser HD598 and HD650. It sounds fantastic! I really enjoyed the album.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #11 of 16
It's a very ambient and chill album. A good one for a night after a hard day at work. It isn't a "Division Bell leftover".

One thing that i was disappointed was that Rick Wright keyboards were dull... I was hoping i could hear more about his masterworks, but that wasn't the case.
I brought the double vinyl edition and i do not know if that was my styllus/cartridge, but the highs are a bit too much in some parts.

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #12 of 16
As a classical pianist who I am, a greater amount of Richard Wright keyboard solos would be welcome. However, I can not say the album did not meet my expectations because I expected from this album something like "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason". I found it a fantastic album, with a very surroundings and beautiful arrangements. I really love instrumental albums, so I can say I really liked the arrangements. In my opinion, this is a five star album. You guys who have a Sennheiser HD 598 and HD 650 should try listening to this album with these headphones. It sounds amazing with both.

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #13 of 16
I was awfully surprised how good this album turned out to be.. one of my favorites over the years and have been repeating it lately. Pink Floyd have integrity!

I also really enjoy the look and feel of the digipak. My last listen was quite the enchanting experience where I was slightly off my knockers, snuggled in bed with multiple blankets during one of Melbourne's coldest nights in eons, the embossed title on the digipak glaring back the room's comfort light while the music just doing it's thing through the HD600.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #14 of 16
One of the best Pink Floyd`s albums.

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #15 of 16
I love this album, as I do pretty much all Pink Floyd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back