Pink Floyd Live8 set, free to download anywhere?
Jul 9, 2005 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
The title says it all! It's on TV again and I've heard it on the radio a few times. I must have it! Anywhere know if there is a legal site to download it from?

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 8
I think the only place right now is the streaming videos at http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/highlights.
I havn't tried any of the streams so I don't know what the quality of them is though.

For just audio files I'm fairly certain the only ones currently available are "sgt pepper" and "the long and winding road" through itunes or the live8 site.

Jul 16, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #5 of 8
Jul 16, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 8
Cyclone, try mounting it and then extracting the VOB file from VIDEO_TS. Then try to play that.

Jul 16, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #7 of 8
BTW, there is another .avi file torrent of the Floyd performance floating around (I got it off torrentspy.com), which is only half the size at 400 MB, but has far richer audio, with better bass and great stereo separation compared with the DVD one being discussed. Picture quality is identical when viewed on my CRT monitor.

Jul 16, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozric
BTW, there is another .avi file torrent of the Floyd performance floating around (I got it off torrentspy.com), which is only half the size at 400 MB, but has far richer audio, with better bass and great stereo separation compared with the DVD one being discussed. Picture quality is identical when viewed on my CRT monitor.

Im guessing this is the torrent your refering too. A few very solid comments about the quality and content. Downloading now cause that ISO is pissing me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back