Pink Faun Audio
Feb 13, 2015 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

InsanityOne

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi'ers!

Just thought I would drop in here and see if any of you have had thoughts/experience with Pink Faun Audio? I just happened to stumble upon their site today after searching for a better solution to streaming audio from my PC to my DAC. Their site is completely in what appears to be Dutch but it looks like they have some pretty amazing looking gear and one piece in particular which really intrigues me, an I2S bridge for PCs. I will post some links/information down below.

LINKS:

Pink Faun Audio site: http://www.pinkfaun.nl/portal/

I2S Bridge (If you click the United Kingdom flag it shows the same page in English): http://www.pinkfaun.nl/portal/productaanbod/dac-streaming-audio/1440-i2s-bridge

TNT Audio review of the I2S Bridge: http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/pinkfaun_i2s_bridge_e.html

Well, that is all for now. Thanks for reading and commenting everyone!

- Insanity

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2 of 16
*Bump*

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 16
  *Bump*

Hello Head-Fi'ers!

Just thought I would drop in here and see if any of you have had thoughts/experience with Pink Faun Audio? I just happened to stumble upon their site today after searching for a better solution to streaming audio from my PC to my DAC. Their site is completely in what appears to be German(?) but it looks like they have some pretty amazing looking gear and one piece in particular which really intrigues me, an I2S bridge for PCs. I will post some links/information down below.

LINKS:

Pink Faun Audio site: http://www.pinkfaun.nl/portal/

I2S Bridge (If you click the United Kingdom flag it shows the same page in English): http://www.pinkfaun.nl/portal/productaanbod/dac-streaming-audio/1440-i2s-bridge

TNT Audio review of the I2S Bridge: http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/pinkfaun_i2s_bridge_e.html

Well, that is all for now. Thanks for reading and commenting everyone!

- Insanity

hey..
sometimes pay them a visit .
they're an hour from where i am.
surprised to read somebody with this question here ? 
And its in the Netherlands .writing in Dutch,
Nice guys

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 16

hey..
sometimes pay them a visit .
they're an hour from where i am.
surprised to read somebody with this question here ? 
And its in the Netherlands .writing in Dutch,
Nice guys

Oh wow really? That's good to hear! Have you had a chance to audition/own any of their gear? If so, what do you think of it?

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 16
  Oh wow really? That's good to hear! Have you had a chance to audition/own any of their gear? If so, what do you think of it?

i've got a few power cords and a power line distributor and an interlink cable .
no experience with the i2s portal yo were revering.
But what i've got is from an exceptional made.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 16

i've got a few power cords and a power line distributor and an interlink cable .
no experience with the i2s portal yo were revering.
But what i've got is from an exceptional made.

Sounds awesome! I love finding out about new places/businesses that make high quality audio gear. I'm really considering buying one of their I2S bridges when I upgrade to my next DAC. I would like to try out some of their power cables or power distributor as well but unfortunately it does not look like they make them with the USA plug. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #7 of 16
  Sounds awesome! I love finding out about new places/businesses that make high quality audio gear. I'm really considering buying one of their I2S bridges when I upgrade to my next DAC. I would like to try out some of their power cables or power distributor as well but unfortunately it does not look like they make them with the USA plug. 

i am on a mac pro ,its not compatible.
and no its not Usa plug.
recommend the i2s though!

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 16

i am on a mac pro ,its not compatible.
and no its not Usa plug.
recommend the i2s though!

You recommend the I2S? That's good to hear! And also I just found out on their site that they can make their power-cables with USA-plugs but unfortunately they cannot make their "Power-Block" with USA-plugs. Too bad, I thought the power-block looked really interesting too!

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 16
  You recommend the I2S? That's good to hear! And also I just found out on their site that they can make their power-cables with USA-plugs but unfortunately they cannot make their "Power-Block" with USA-plugs. Too bad, I thought the power-block looked really interesting too!

yes ,that power block is one impressive block.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #10 of 16
  yes ,that power block is one impressive block.

Hmm... I wonder if it would be possible to do something like... Desktop AMP ---> Pink Faun Euro Plug Cable ---> Pink Faun Power Block ---> Pink Faun USA Plug Cable ---> USA Wall Outlet? Or do the voltages not quite work like that? 
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 16
  Hmm... I wonder if it would be possible to do something like... Desktop AMP ---> Pink Faun Euro Plug Cable ---> Pink Faun Power Block ---> Pink Faun USA Plug Cable ---> USA Wall Outlet? Or do the voltages not quite work like that? 
tongue.gif

I would mail them .
it would be strange if they can't give you the answer to that.

Rnsto

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #13 of 16

I would mail them .
it would be strange if they can't give you the answer to that.

Rnsto

I already did! I'm just waiting for a response.

With a name like that they just gotta be good
devil_face.gif

Haha I know right? And according to rnsto their gear is pretty good too! 
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 16

Umm.

This has to be a parody website, right? Otherwise, I do hope that horn can be ordered in a color other than X'd-out-of-your-mind-at-3am-in-da-club rave pink...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back