Pinging Leben owners...
Aug 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

orkney

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm thinking of buying a CS-300xs for headphone and speaker use. I expect that it won't have any problems with the phones I hope to use but my speakers are Harbeth HL-P3ES2s, and I'm a bit concerned about the ability of the 15-watt Leben to drive the P3s (83.5 db and an impedance dip to 3.9 with 6 ohms nominal).

I'm interested to hear from those using a Leben to do double-duty with phones and speakers, and very interested to hear from Harbeth/Spendor/Stirling owners as well. I don't think I can stretch to the CS600 at this point but would love to hear any reports from owners of that amp.

many thanks,

o

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 4
I am using an 8Wpc SET to drive 10 Ohm 82dB efficient Stirling Broadcast LS3/5A v2s. These speakers are close "relatives". Both are easy to drive. If you listen to a lot of symphonic music and or have a large room, it may be a bit of a problem on extreme passages. For jazz, folk, acoustic,...no problems.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using an 8Wpc SET to drive 10 Ohm 82dB efficient Stirling Broadcast LS3/5A v2s. These speakers are close "relatives". Both are easy to drive. If you listen to a lot of symphonic music and or have a large room, it may be a bit of a problem on extreme passages. For jazz, folk, acoustic,...no problems.

Thanks for the input, Frihed. I've owned and enjoyed the Stirlings and driven them successfully with lower-powered amps but the P3s seem that little bit harder to drive. Anyhoo, can't manage a demo of the Leben but will experiment with some other triodes and see how it goes.

thanks and best,

o

Oct 23, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm thinking of buying a CS-300xs for headphone and speaker use. I expect that it won't have any problems with the phones I hope to use but my speakers are Harbeth HL-P3ES2s, and I'm a bit concerned about the ability of the 15-watt Leben to drive the P3s (83.5 db and an impedance dip to 3.9 with 6 ohms nominal).

I'm interested to hear from those using a Leben to do double-duty with phones and speakers, and very interested to hear from Harbeth/Spendor/Stirling owners as well. I don't think I can stretch to the CS600 at this point but would love to hear any reports from owners of that amp.

many thanks,

o
I own a CS600, great system, but with certain headphones a clear hum is present... only way to solve it is with the right cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back