Pin assignment PS AUDIO DLIII
Feb 27, 2011 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

monoethylene

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Like the title says, I have a question concerning the pin assignment of the XLR-output of the DLIII.

As far as I know there was a change in polarity some times ago for older models. The problem is that I have to use them to go unbalanced because I wanna hook up my Stepdance when playing table soccer. My idea is to build some IC's consisting of a 3 pin XLR and a female RCA plug. Then I can connect them to the Stepdance using normal RCA cables. (There will be a little box in the path to get a mini TRS output..). I have already written some mails to PS Audio without a response as well as I took google to find something. All I found has made me even more unsure because in some threads it was said that it was polarity inverted output design and then it changed and so on..

So, it would be fine to get a clear answer from sb. who already has made such an IC, in meanings to get from the balanced XLR output to some unbalanced RCA inputs.

btw: My DLIII was shipped last December..

Thanks a lot in advance..

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 3
I have my DL III (2009) hocked to my SPL Auditor using XLR to XLR with regular speced cables.
Have a look at the Auditors PDF manual on the SPL homepage.
There is a section in that manual that shows how an unbalanced to balanced connection has to look like.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks a lot!!

As I assumed it is a "standard" XLR output and I have to connect Pin 1 and Pin 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back