Pin arrangement for 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male audio adaptor, DIY
Apr 11, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #16 of 18
A little deduction on your part should've been obvious. If you know the 4-pin plug, you can easily determine the 4-pin female, by plugging it in and checking continuity with the wire leads connected to the plug.
I did not quite get what you meant by "deduction"? What should I have deducted and from which?
What if checking the continuity with the multimeter did not come to my mind? OK, it did, eventually, but I did not know how to do it exactly.
Which reasoning are you talking about? I asked for the way to explain the issue differently in my P.S. part as the people were not answering the question I was asking about but it turned out that it was understood correctly by OspreyAndy (thanks again, Andy). This made me think the question was asked correctly and it looks like the readers who read my post unattentively were writing something about they knew or found in the Net.
And the last but not the least point. Don't you find the tone of your message king of mentoring? I do.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #17 of 18
I did not quite get what you meant by "deduction"? What should I have deducted and from which?
What if checking the continuity with the multimeter did not come to my mind? OK, it did, eventually, but I did not know how to do it exactly.
Which reasoning are you talking about? I asked for the way to explain the issue differently in my P.S. part as the people were not answering the question I was asking about but it turned out that it was understood correctly by OspreyAndy (thanks again, Andy). This made me think the question was asked correctly and it looks like the readers who read my post unattentively were writing something about they knew or found in the Net.
And the last but not the least point. Don't you find the tone of your message king of mentoring? I do.
Your implication was that I didn't understand your question and confused a female with male. I attempted to help you and had no confusion about what you asked. Instead, you wanted to be spoon-fed and now you insult.

Good show!

Apr 11, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #18 of 18
Your implication was that I didn't understand your question and confused a female with male. I attempted to help you and had no confusion about what you asked. Instead, you wanted to be spoon-fed and now you insult.
Absolutely not.
I did not ask for spoon-feeding (a nice expression, and not insulting in any way, huh?). Not all the head-fiers are Tec savvy about using multimeters and continuity. Why would you guess all of us are?
I just responded to your message which was really insulting and mentoring. And I did not insult you. I stated everything matter-of-factly (so to say).
Let's stop at this here. Please. If you want to continue our "friendly discussion" feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back