PIMETA - bass boost (from PPAv2?)
Aug 23, 2007 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ruZZ.il

500+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering if/what changes need to be made to the ppav2 bass boost bit in order to adapt it to the PIMETA?. I'd also be glad to 'hear' any other recommended method for adding a little more down there.
muchos gracias
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

-Russ.

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 8
tee-hee "a little more down there."

*AHEM* I mean, me too! a DIY Portable amp w/bass boost be cool.

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 8
Rreynol and NeilR have both done this. It involves using a DIP-10 on the resistor string in the middle, then stacking a combination of resistors, caps, and DIP-8 sockets with leads to a switch or pot.

Here's the original thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158494

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Neat stuff. Thanks guys. Exactly what I was looking for (and missed
blink.gif
) there's no real need for a switch there though, just the pot, no? and what caps are those Mr. ?
icon10.gif

going to add it to my next mass re-stock, fun fun
icon10.gif

<bows>

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

there's no real need for a switch there though, just the pot, no?

No, the pot would replace the switch and the unlabeled resistors in the diagram above (the switch was the old school method of bass boost)

Those caps were junk box parts from three years ago so your guess is as good as mine.
wink.gif

(blew means they were prolly B&C caps so maybe digikey #BC2054-ND? )

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Did just that. Added a (0.22uF wima cap in parallel to a 10k pot) in series with R4 on some perfboard. Exactly what I was looking for! All stuck in the serpac. I just need to figure out how to put everything on the panel. I can remove my power switch now that I have the right alps, but its still tight with my 1/4" output.. anyway, sounds great! Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back