Piercings
Dec 7, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #46 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by stet
I had a pretty private piercing, for about seven years, and it unfortunately closed up last winter when I lost my jewelry and was nowhere near a body jewelry shop. I never got it re-done, but I was just thinking about redoing it when I go home for the holidays.

yeah, it was between my legs.

it must have helped sensitivity for sex.

Dec 7, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #47 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
it must have helped sensitivity for sex.

Personally, the thought of having a metal bar through my little FedEx ("when you absolutely, positively need to get some on time") makes me cringe in pain. But whatever turns you on...

Dec 7, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #48 of 103
I used to have a septum ring (6ga) and plugs in my lobes (.75" diameter) for a number of years but I took them out because I like being able to choose when I look like a freak and when I don't. At least with my tattoos they are all hidden when I put on a long-sleeve shirt. Oh, and after you go above a certain size, the holes never close without something along the lines of plastic surgery.

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #51 of 103
NO piercings here...

... but I have been stabbed in the back a few times!
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #52 of 103
I can just see a tattoo thread popping up.

Jews don't believe in tattoos or piercings. Why? I guess because it is thought that we are mutilating our bodies that the Lord gave us. Doesn't really matter to me, bc I never planned to get any, but just some helpful info if anyone ever decides to convert.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #54 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I think piercings are as common as muck and look trailer trash / prison / correctional facility in practice... why anybody in their right mind would want to scar their body by firing a pin through their skin escapes me....... absolute abuse of the body and if that's what "cool" is then consider me VERY uncool......

I agree with you on that one Mike 100% agreed....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
This would constitute a thread crap.

Add me to that thread crapping then, but besides, I consider ALL OF THEM SICK...same as tatoos....but this is just me, an old fashion guy, and very uncool, as Pinky says...

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #55 of 103
Personally I've had anipple piercing for many many years now and its great.
Not as sensitive as it used to be tho.
I would get more but my current sporting activies would make it very difficult to get any more in normal places and i dont want my old fella pierced and my teeth would probably fallout if i got a tongue piercing ( not to memtion my GF would freak ).
Since ive had my nipple pierced i haven't found anything that has caused any problems and i regularly Box, Submission Wrestle, Fence ( medieval sword and rapier ) etc.
The worst thing thats happend is that i got smacked in the nipple with a quaterstaff ( Fick that hurt !!! )

BTW getting you nipple done with no painkillers is defiantely an experience !!

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #56 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by fbleagh
BTW getting you nipple done with no painkillers is defiantely an experience !!

Considering your sports and this last comment, is that an experience, or masochism???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #57 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Add me to that thread crapping then, but besides, I consider ALL OF THEM SICK...same as tatoos....but this is just me, an old fashion guy, and very uncool, as Pinky says...

Naa just your opinion. I personally think tastefully placed piercings and tattoos on woman can add to beauty and well...er be...enhancing

Dec 7, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #58 of 103
No piercings. Reason being I very much dislike how they look on people. Things like tongue piercings on girls especially I don't like, mainly because I really don't care for the thought of being kissed by a metal ball. Only exception I make is a girl w/ earrings, and then only if they're small and not gaudy.

That said, be careful to not take any anti-piercing rants in this thread very far, as it seems pretty clear to me the thread starter was expecting some constructive criticism, but not flat-out insults. Civility, people.

Dec 7, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #59 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Naa just your opinion. I personally think tastefully placed piercings and tattoos on woman can add to beauty and well...er be...enhancing

What tastefully placed BS are you talking about? Bad taste you mean right?....I will never have any kind of relationship with a woman with a tatoo or a pieecing, even now my new boss unfortunatelly have some piercings and unfortunatelly I'm her personal assistant, and honestly I'm trying to do my best to avoid quitting my job, for me this is unacceptable, same as tatoos on cops, What, are they the cops or the ones behind bars.....Well I just make my point before so...IMO that is a matter of culture and traditions, it seems that mine is completelly out of fashion, for good or bad

Dec 7, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #60 of 103
People exercising expression, either through a specific meaning or just fashion, on their bodies is very fulfilling to me.

For me personally, no piercings, I don't really like the way they look. But I do love tattoos, and have a few myself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back