Piece of wax stuck in custom's soundbore?
Apr 18, 2010 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Get_Zwole

500+ Head-Fier
On my unique melody mage i have a dried piece of wax i guess dropped down in my sound bore and i cant get it out. The mage has two small bores merged into one bigger 1mm bore. I clean them everytime i use them i guess i missed a piece though. Now its down through the bigger bore and into one of the smaller ones, any idea how to get it out? I tried a plastic toothpick but with no luck im afraid ill just get it even more stuck down in there.
Any ideas?

Apr 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Suck it out.
biggrin.gif

Just kidding. Try using a really tiny brush or a needle.

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 8
If the cleaning tool can't reach it, try bending the end of a small paper clip into a hook. See how that works.

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by JxK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the cleaning tool can't reach it, try bending the end of a small paper clip into a hook. See how that works.

even a tiny paper clip in a hook i dont think will fit in there these sound bores are pretty darn small. going to try some more stuff now ill report back.

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #7 of 8
Ear wax will melt at 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Even some nasty fevers in children can result in melted wax. But if you use the lighter, be careful not to melt the acrylic housing.

Apr 19, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 8
I finally got it i had to bend a needle a certain way to knock it loose and tapped the end very gingerly and it fell out finally. That was tough lol.
Yeah i was just gonna heat the needle up with a lighter till it was just past warm so it would stick in the wax easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back