Pictures of Your Vinyl Setup!
Jan 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/jp11801/IMG_2035.jpg[/IMG]]

Linn lp12 with an Origin Live Encounter arm, shelter 7000 cart, origin live power supply with brass footers by mapleshade, Vtaf VTF adjuster and a timbernation flame maple platform.

Wonderfull player...i think it's linn's top of the line recordplayer, right?

I have no doubt this will sound increadable...
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 183
Here is my Garrard plinth. You may note the Fuchs magnet-bearing wooden-arm on the right, and the SME 3012 to back left.

GarrardPlinth.jpg

I am using a Pierre Clément mono cartridge at present on the SME and the Denon 103 on the Fuchs.

I do have a Linn and also a Thorens TD 124 Mk II.

Analogue systems work so well, and they just go on living. The Garrard and the Clément are from the 50s.
Regards
Anthony

Jan 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #7 of 183
13D3Mullard;2673462 said:
Here is my Garrard plinth. You may note the Fuchs magnet-bearing wooden-arm on the right, and the SME 3012 to back left.

GarrardPlinth.jpg

I am using a Pierre Clément mono cartridge at present on the SME and the Denon 103 on the Fuchs.

Analogue systems work so well, and they just go on living. The Garrard and the Clément are from the 50s.
Regards

Sweet!
icon10.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by 13D3Mullard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GarrardPlinth.jpg

Regards
Anthony

WOW that looks amazing nice work on the plinth

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #9 of 183
It seems a little boring compared to Capt. Tweaks' Linn and the beautiful and highly decorated Garrard, but here are some pics of my setup. I have the VPI Aries 3 with single motor/flywheel, SDS speed controller, and HRX periphery ring and center weight. The arm is the VPI 10.5i with a lovely Lyra Skala cartridge. That is connected by Crystal Cable RCAs to the Ray Samuels Audio XR10-B phono stage.

Here are some rather weak pics snapped just now in the evening:

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #10 of 183
Voltron:

sweet! I've never really "gotten" the newer VPI tables, but I'm sure it sounds great. In case you cannot tell from my pic, I have a Nottingham Space Deck, with carbon fiber Space Arm and a Zyx Bloom low-output (0.24mV) into a Whest Phonostage.20 into my MPX3 SE SLAM.. The Zyx cartridges are something special. I'm looking to add a second arm to my Space Deck and get a mono cartridge down the road.. I'm looking at the Lyra Dorian mono, actually
biggrin.gif

Anyways, take care!
-Marc

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #11 of 183
IMG_0693.jpg

VPI Scoutmaster w/ outer ring and center weight/JMW9 Signature Arm/Sumiko Celebration Cartrdige

IMG_0694.jpg

Scoutmaster with some of it's vinyl friends

IMG_0696.jpg

Decware Taboo SEP amp/Decware CSP2 Preamp

IMG_0697.jpg

"The Rack"...sorry 'bout the dust. In addition to the Decware stuff and Senn 650's you can see my phono pre(the little silver box on the edge of the 3rd row. It's a Vacuum Stage JLTi. In addition to it's great, small footprint, it makes beautiful music. On the last row, you can see a partial view of my SinglePower PPX3, recently modified with 5687 and 6GU7 tubes. Oh, and that's one of my Klipsch Heresy's (circa 1979) stickin' his head in...
And, on those rare occasions that I want to hear cd's, that's a Denon 2910 universal player on top of an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb.

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 183
sberger : Beautiful setup, I have been looking at the Blackbird and Celebration cartridges by Sumiko. By chance have you heard both? I am debating whether the Celebration is worth twice the price, considering the acclaim reaped upon Blackbird.

Voltron : I am jealous of your XR-10B sitting with such regal grace atop your SDS
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #13 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by asebastian0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sberger : Beautiful setup, I have been looking at the Blackbird and Celebration cartridges by Sumiko. By chance have you heard both? I am debating whether the Celebration is worth twice the price, considering the acclaim reaped upon Blackbird.

i haven't heard the blackbird, but i know others who have heard both and while agreeing that the blackbird is a very nice cart, the celebration is in another league. i've also used a benz glider, benz ref 2, shelter 501 and dynavector 20 xl, and while all good, the celebration beats them all and by a fairly large margin. if anything, i think it's a steal at it's price, and you can get it even cheaper at most dealers by trading in another cart. one of the things i like best about it is how non fussy it is. very easy to install and set up, and not a cart that has to be dialed in perfectly or else it's mediocre. i doubt i'll ever try anything else.

oh, and by the way, i don't have a picture of it but i'm also using a walker precision motor controller. i've used the sds, it's very good, but i got a nice deal on the walker and think it's even better.

Feb 3, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #14 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltron:

sweet! I've never really "gotten" the newer VPI tables, but I'm sure it sounds great.

What's not to "get"? Just curious what you meant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asebastian0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Voltron : I am jealous of your XR-10B sitting with such regal grace atop your SDS
icon10.gif

It is a great unit. It shouldn't really be stacked like that but space is tight in the rack right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sberger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_0697.jpg

"The Rack"...sorry 'bout the dust. In addition to the Decware stuff and Senn 650's you can see my phono pre(the little silver box on the edge of the 3rd row. It's a Vacuum Stage JLTi. In addition to it's great, small footprint, it makes beautiful music. On the last row, you can see a partial view of my SinglePower PPX3, recently modified with 5687 and 6GU7 tubes. Oh, and that's one of my Klipsch Heresy's (circa 1979) stickin' his head in...
And, on those rare occasions that I want to hear cd's, that's a Denon 2910 universal player on top of an Ah! Njoe Tjoeb.

Hey sberger--great looking setup, and I especially like the tube gear. It would be great if you would bring some of that sweet stuff to the Int'l Meet in San Jose this April. Also, I have Heresys from the same era and just bought a Moth 300b amp to make them sound better than I have ever heard them.

Cheers vinyl lovers!

Feb 3, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #15 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's not to "get"? Just curious what you meant.

It is a great unit. It shouldn't really be stacked like that but space is tight in the rack right now.

Hey sberger--great looking setup, and I especially like the tube gear. It would be great if you would bring some of that sweet stuff to the Int'l Meet in San Jose this April. Also, I have Heresys from the same era and just bought a Moth 300b amp to make them sound better than I have ever heard them.

Cheers vinyl lovers!

thanks. since taking the picture i put the amp and pre up on maplshade brass cones, and it's been a nice improvement in blackness and depth. yeah, love the tube/heresy/vinyl combo. would love to get some bigger klipsch's from that era, but no room, unfortunately. i love the decware stuff. the taboo amp puts out a mighty 6wpc, which in my setup, is plenty. my wife still thinks i play stuff way too loud sometimes.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back