Pictures of Your *Used-Fi* Portable Rig's aka the "Look what I Stole Thread"
Jul 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

TrollDragon

Headphoneus Supremus
Greetings & Salutations!

There was problems with people posting pictures of stuff that they had managed to get an extremely good deal on in the *Budget-Fi* thread. So to solve all arguments, if you picked up an AK 240 for $50 from some guy on the corner or your great Uncle Louie gave it to you for your birthday... It doesn't belong in the Budget-Fi thread but here instead.

So here is the place with a just one rule:

1. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures...

Enjoy!
beerchug.gif

The Budget-Fi Thread is right here... <$200 Total
The Mid-Fi Thread is right here... $200-$600 Total

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 28
Awesome title 
biggrin.gif

I'll start:

HTC One strapped to an E11 with the bass boost on +2, going through to an M-Audio Q40 with a V-Moda cable, creating the only known cure for people who don't like bass :) 

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 28
No pics yet, but I have an entire rig constructed from deals. iPod Mini 1G, 13usd, used, Sony MDR-ZX100 open box, 6 dollars, Fiio E01 Alisan, new, best offer, 20% off, 12 dollars.
For now, have my other rig.
iPod Nano 4G, for Christmas after my 3G died, same Sony MDR-ZX100, 6 dollars.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #5 of 28
might also work in the Budget-Fi thread but I'm too lazy too check the current prices :wink:, all I know is I got pretty much everything under value at the time I bought it.

My trusty setup for about 2 years now:
used iPod Video non functioning hard drive ~15$ on ebay
240GB HDD ~60$ on ebay (new)
Sennheiser CX980 ~90$ on ebay (new)
switched case with a friend (he now has a black iPod with white click wheel) (I think I should invest in a new case soon, as you can see on the image it's not completely closed and now that I dont have my silicon case around it it might not be ideal)
----------
added yesterday (after 3 weeks for shipping):
Go Dap 20$ on amazon + 8$ to reship it to europe (amazon didn't allow to ship it directly)

Also need to get some velcro or something to put between the Go Dap and the iPod, right now this is the only thing i have (besides cheap rubber bands)

ps: whoever said that it takes just a little bit of sawing/filing on the go dap to make it work with the ipod video probably meant the 30gig version. Spent 2 hours yesterday to remove a lot of plastic, probably gonna "clean it up" a bit in a couple of days

Aug 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 28
ps: whoever said that it takes just a little bit of sawing/filing on the go dap to make it work with the ipod video probably meant the 30gig version. Spent 2 hours yesterday to remove a lot of plastic, probably gonna "clean it up" a bit in a couple of days

Nice. How do you like the go-dap's?
Yes, I did mean the slimmer one's and I did post pictures. The newer classics also fit a bit more snug, due to the tapering at edges.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 28
Well that definitely looks cleaner :wink:

I just looked it up, i was referring to you, but only your post in my "Fiio X3/X5 vs. Ipod 5.5G + Fiio e12" Thread. (you didnt post pictures there :wink:)

I do like them, they can drive the dt 770 better but i didnt have the time for a real comparison yet. My first impression is that i dont hear that much of a difference with the cx980 (but again i didnt hear a difference with the fiio e12)

Aug 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #9 of 28
Okay
iPod Mini 2G 4GB Silver - 16
iPod Mini green 1G and silver 1G - 16
iPod Nano 4G - free
Fiio E1 Alisan - 12
Sony MDR-ZX100 not pictured - free
Stuff inside the iPods
1300mah battery (2x) 10
Waiting for
16GB SD - 8
SD TO CF adapter - 10
All prices in USD
qa2a4ude.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #14 of 28
What're we lookin' at here?

Its a cowon d2 player that I use for FLAC .
The amp specs are as follows...

LM4562/LME49720 dual OpAmp
LM6171 low noise high speed buffer as Rail splitter
Nichicon 2200uF Electro
Nichicon 2 X 470uF Electros
high speed film decoupling capacitors
1% Vishay Dale RN55 series metal film Resistors
High speed ferrite beads
Sealed 3.5mm jacks 
Gold 6.35mm output
Gold plated sockets for OpAmp

I use a combination of different interconnect cables.
I am currently making my own portable valve amp which I am about 6 to 7 hours away from finishing. I have hand carved a wooden enclosure to house the board. Its a deep mahagony and will have a gumnut leaf inlay for something a bit different. Still deciding on what volume knob and input/output / power plugs to go for. Im in the middle of fitting a allumium heat sink to draw heat away from the valves, backing into very small perforated holes that I painstakingly drilled through the wood so it can breathe. Its definitely going to be one of a kind. Haha

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #15 of 28
Its a cowon d2 player that I use for FLAC .
The amp specs are as follows...

LM4562/LME49720 dual OpAmp
LM6171 low noise high speed buffer as Rail splitter
Nichicon 2200uF Electro
Nichicon 2 X 470uF Electros
high speed film decoupling capacitors
1% Vishay Dale RN55 series metal film Resistors
High speed ferrite beads
Sealed 3.5mm jacks 
Gold 6.35mm output
Gold plated sockets for OpAmp

I use a combination of different interconnect cables.
I am currently making my own portable valve amp which I am about 6 to 7 hours away from finishing. I have hand carved a wooden enclosure to house the board. Its a deep mahagony and will have a gumnut leaf inlay for something a bit different. Still deciding on what volume knob and input/output / power plugs to go for. Im in the middle of fitting a allumium heat sink to draw heat away from the valves, backing into very small perforated holes that I painstakingly drilled through the wood so it can breathe. Its definitely going to be one of a kind. Haha

Cool! Bench vise in the background was a nice touch..
Do you test your designs on a bread board? Or just simulate on computer and straight to PCB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back