Pictures of your Portable Rig
Jan 18, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #1,232 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
im really confused, what the heck is a portable rig?

Have you seen any of the pictures?

Basically an audio setup we take on the road/train/bus/plane
smily_headphones1.gif
Most people use the hard drive based mp3 players, but there are also close followings for cd players and MD units. Couple that with easily stowed headphones (offerings from Koss, Etymotics, Shure's, Sennheiser etc...) and you've achieved great sound with very little bulk to carry around.

Jan 18, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #1,233 of 1,385
screw very little bulk... i'm strapping my whole stereo to my back with a car battery and an inverter

Jan 18, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #1,234 of 1,385
Wow, first post here. Some of you guys have awesome setups, really overwhelming for a simple new guy like me to see, all these mini amps and such.

Anyway, here's my simple setup:

setup1.jpg

I went from the stock Creative earbuds, to the MDR-G74SLs to the MDR-V300s (which I consider a downgrade from all aspects besides comfort and bass) and still not satisfied.
frown.gif

One thing I don't like about this mp3 player is that it lacks volume, even when maxed out (40) it's not that loud, but I love the custom EQ.

Jan 18, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #1,235 of 1,385
Oh man another Muvo Slim...those things are so sexy! I'd like to get a flash player for when I'm on campus, and the Muvo Slim has reached the final 3
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #1,236 of 1,385
yay found my camera... they say it's the last place you think of looking but this happened to be in the FIRST PLACE I LOOKED.... which was friday... damn thing was hiding from me

anyway... yeah not as impressive as alot of your setups but it serves it's purpose

portablerig.jpg

however i would like to at least get a shorter cable for my heaphones for when i'm actually going portable... 5-6feet is a good length... any suggestions that aren't even remotely expensive?

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #1,237 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzian
Wow, first post here. Some of you guys have awesome setups, really overwhelming for a simple new guy like me to see, all these mini amps and such.

setup1.jpg

I went from the stock Creative earbuds, to the MDR-G74SLs to the MDR-V300s (which I consider a downgrade from all aspects besides comfort and bass) and still not satisfied.
frown.gif

One thing I don't like about this mp3 player is that it lacks volume, even when maxed out (40) it's not that loud, but I love the custom EQ.

That picture does not do justice to the size. I picked it up at Office Depot and it was like the size and depth of a credit card, I have no idea how Creative managed to put any sound chips in there.

Jan 18, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #1,238 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by rayzian

[img.]http://members.rogers.com/rayzian/pictures/setup1.jpg[/img]

frown.gif

I used to have those MDR-V300's and I loved them when coming from some other $30 sony's.... Its so funny, when i bought those i was like.... man i'm really stepping up spending $50! lol, now i have the Ety-ER-4S... but my point here is... get some Grado's... I went from those V300s to the SR225 and I was blown away. I'm sure you would still be blown away by some SR60 or SR80's Worth a shot.

Jan 18, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #1,239 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
OK, Here's my kit...

head-fi1pg.jpg

[size=xx-small]Maplins Aluminium Flight Case :: 4g 20gb iPod :: iSkin evo2 Ebony case :: Modified cMoy ::
Custom Mini/Mini with Neutrik 3.5's :: Gold-Plated 1/4"-1/8"
Sony MDR-EX71's :: Sennheiser HD-25SP :: Energizer PP3 (spare)[/size]

head-fi2pg.jpg

[size=xx-small]4g 20gb iPod :: iSkin evo2 Ebony case :: Modified cMoy ::
Custom Mini/Mini with Neutrik 3.5's :: Sony MDR-EX71's[/size]

biggrin.gif

so...you take all that out of the case, and carry your rig AND the case??

i would set that up so that it's all wired together in the case, and mod a headphone jack and ipod remote into the top part of the case so you could use it while it was still all protected in there.

Jan 19, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #1,241 of 1,385
Nice simple eggo setup ++

Probably my second most minimal setup was just my Sharp DR480 and eggos, which sounded great with the Auvi amp. However my most minimal (and so-so sounding) was ATH-f55's with the Sony e900 MD player. So simple and so small.

Jan 19, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #1,243 of 1,385
when i'm bored of my iPod and want to go with something much smaller, i bust out what i call my "RETRO" rig.
IMG_345.jpg

Panasonic SD mp3 connected to my Go-Vibe via custom Canare cables. then top it all off with a Sony MDR-A10 headphones from the 1980's.
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #1,245 of 1,385
heh, i was rocking my Sony d-242 CK, back in the day with some headphones like fr4c posted, not sure if those were what i had, but i had type, but those are long gone, so was the pcdp but i pulled out of og desk drawer and took a pics, you can still the dust on it :p

on a side note, anyone know anything about this player, quality wise? it sports a nice line out, and always sounded good to me.

*edit* just looked at D-EJ's sigs, small world.

front.jpg

lid.jpg

top.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back