Pictures of your Portable Rig
Jul 9, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #616 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Great pic Thaddy. Why did you go with the S vs. the P's with cable?

My budget was part of it, and also I'll be using these with an amp about 80% of the time. I fugured I'd rather learn to love un-amped sound 20% of the time than spending the extra cash for the cable. I've tried them straight from my iRiver too, and it's not even that bad, so I feel I made the right choice
etysmile.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #619 of 1,385
Quote:

Welcome to Team Etys!!! You'll now hear music like never before.
biggrin.gif

Indeed, welcome.

etys rule, Is there a big difference using the SuperDual out of the Line out compared to the headphone out with the ipod?

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #621 of 1,385
Quote:

Don't know. Never listened through the headphone out. I'll try tonight and let you know.

now that is funny
icon10.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #622 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
now that is funny
icon10.gif

I haven't done a A/B test since I received the SuperDual. It is just too small and convenient to use, that I haven't used the headphone out since. I like it so much I might buy another just to say I own two.

Jul 9, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #623 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
Indeed, welcome.

etys rule, Is there a big difference using the SuperDual out of the Line out compared to the headphone out with the ipod?

There is a HUGE difference. When you use the headphone out with the SuperDual it sounds like mushed up crap versus the smooth, silky sound that is produced via the line out.

Jul 9, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #624 of 1,385
P1010102.JPG

Bleh. No lugging 'portable' amps with me while running after buses. MD setup is identical to my boss Kurisu's (shame on him, he's using LP2 on his DS8
600smile.gif
), usual portable setup consists of a 20GB bar of soap, DIY 4P -> 4S converter (silver wire for everything, yayy!), and Etys.

Jul 10, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #625 of 1,385
Quote:

I haven't done a A/B test since I received the SuperDual. It is just too small and convenient to use, that I haven't used the headphone out since. I like it so much I might buy another just to say I own two.

oh, lol... well excuse my misinterpretation... I thought you meant that you had NEVER used the headphone out... it would be funny you had only ever heard it amped and had no idea if it was doing anything for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 7:52 PM Post #627 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
There's been some great pics posted lately folks, well done!! The portables thread gallery is now 210 images strong!!
dude.gif

Man I LOVE your gallery! Thank you for taking the time and effort to host these for us to enjoy. Hey and don't forget this image that I posted earlier this week. It is my iPod with my SR-71 and a SuperDual - shows the size difference as compared to the iPod:

SR71vsSD.jpg

Jul 11, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #628 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Man I LOVE your gallery! Thank you for taking the time and effort to host these for us to enjoy. Hey and don't forget this image that I posted earlier this week. It is my iPod with my SR-71 and a SuperDual - shows the size difference as compared to the iPod:

SR71vsSD.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Jester, I really appreciate it. The galleries do take a lot of time to construct and maintain but it's fun when you get to see all these great images. Some of them are top notch!

You must have missed your pic, though...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #629 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Thanks for the kind words Jester, I really appreciate it. The galleries do take a lot of time to construct and maintain but it's fun when you get to see all these great images. Some of them are top notch!

You must have missed your pic, though...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes thank you very much for posting it! I thought you might want one with the SuperDual in there for comparison.
icon10.gif

Yes you gallery has really taken shape since you started it. Kudos to you!

Jul 11, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #630 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Yes thank you very much for posting it! I thought you might want one with the SuperDual in there for comparison.
icon10.gif

Oh, cool, didn't notice that. Got it now, though!
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back