Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Oct 4, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #826 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This 4G Ipod Photo looks like an Imod or a Diymod, that's why a mini-mini is used, if it was a stock one, he would have used a LOD. My guess is that his rig sounds lovely and quite transparent.

I could claim all sorts of ******** based on Rockbox and volume levelling but the reason that there's a mini-mini coming out of the headphone socket is because I managed to ruin a couple of dock connectors with my ham fists in my efforts to make a dock cable. I just keep the headphone output at -0dB gain.

It does sound lovely though.

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #827 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, he plays all the instruments then cuts it all together later
confused_face(1).gif

Lol, no, what I mean is that the band is the child of Michael. He knows pretty well the direction he wants. And the remaining members are no newbies. Encyclopaedia Metallum - Opeth

Ei, lets not steal the thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #828 of 1,113
Beautiful rig punnisher. Love the black nano, the best colour. Awesome little LOD, great size rig.

I do prefer my D2 over the Nano3 though
tongue.gif
With a short rigid interconnect and amp with the same size footprint, i would be happy, very very happy. Shame i have no money for a new amp/dac... Maybe after Xmas, hard to justify at 15 though.

Now just get customs!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Matt

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #832 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punslayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They also sound really nice, at least to me.

DSC00839.jpg

I use this setup at home and love it.

Whoa..i love the Woody clip ons.

which model is that?

Oct 4, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #833 of 1,113
EW9 (no S). I've had mine for almost five years, but they've never had much of a following on Head-Fi. Great synergy with the FiiO though.

And some pics of my new old (trans)portable amp and a new IC I made yesterday.

DSC00852.jpg

I built this amp over five years ago, but just converted it to battery power and recased it recently.
DSC00853.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

Lovely, don't you think? At night it projects Hello Kitty on to the ceiling!

DSC00860.jpg

And a new IC to go with it.

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #838 of 1,113
The PIMETA really needs to shrug off its coat of dust and break back into the DIY scene. It's a great, great amp; I love it lots.

But I'm afraid that won't happen until TI stops being whores and starts making BUF634P again.

Oct 5, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #839 of 1,113
Thanks! I didn't really expect anybody else to like that one, but I love it. Using the Meta around the house lately with the HD5 and EW9 has been an eye-opening experience and has probably pushed me towards using a portable amp more regularly.

My next project will be a Mini3, which I do have a possible Kitty case for, but I'm not 100% sure it will fit.

Also, I have to say I'm happy with the way that cable came out. I was a little uncertain about trying to braid ten strands, but I think it looks nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back