Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Sep 30, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #797 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my first portable rig, soon to become much more portable when I Get my ATH-EW9s

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...3/DSC08704.jpg

10 pages late but just wanted to say nice rig you got there Gatto. Always great to see a fellow K701 user! Hope you enjoy them
k701smile.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #798 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by winsonli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've compared both iPods, and the touch is really bad in terms of SQ. Maybe I got a defective one? Can someone confirm that the 1st gen touch has better SQ than the 2nd gen nano?

edit:
I just tried my iPod Touch again. I would say that the sound quality is terrible. After you mentioned it, I believe my touch is really defective. It sounds like listening to the radio while driving under a freeway.

It would still be nice if someone would comment on the two iPods, the 1st gen touch vs 2nd gen nano.

Just wondering. 1) what format do you use? 2) What kind of sound-signature do you like (laid-back or upfront)?

Because i use mostly ALAC. And listening to AAC (320) on both the touch and other players out there (same songs if possible), i could see why somebody did not like the touch. The touch has a very laid-back signature with a focus for reverberant details. If you want a more upfront (i don't know if this is the right english word for it), try the new iPod models. I have only listened to the new nano 4G very intensively and Apple seems to move from laidback to upfront.

In conclusion. The Touch really starts to shine with ALAC, with AAC some reverberant seems to be missing and then your not playing the touch's strongest card.

Sep 30, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #799 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Baba
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif

[Off-topic]
[size=xx-small]Gatto, I didn't realise you were a female, I thought you were a male and your avatar was your girlfriend with your cans on haha! I heard about your parents and taking money away from your pay, I think its a good idea really, i wish my parents had told me that the idea of my bond was to add to it years ago, instead, i put all my money in my savings account and spent chunks of it, so my bond doesnt have much in it for a car...

Anyway, welcome to head-fi, i would say "Sorry about your wallet", but A) you have a purse (i'm english haha) and B) from what i have seen of your rigs and just bought items, i think you've spent a fair bit already!
[/size][/Off-topic]

Matt

haha! yeah I know it is a good idea, they aren't really taking it. they can't, I control my own bank accounts but they are suggesting it forcefully (lol) which I agree is a good idea. it will also be better because then I need to save up more then a few days pay for crazy gear and sometimes it's more fun that way. and yes, my purse is very angry at me for coming here

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremiah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10 pages late but just wanted to say nice rig you got there Gatto. Always great to see a fellow K701 user! Hope you enjoy them
k701smile.gif

thanks! I am so happy I got them, they are so great
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #804 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That phone is gorgeous in black
bigsmile_face.gif
I love the Nokia N82! Too bad it's a bit too big for me
biggrin.gif
I'm probably getting the Samsung Soul instead
smily_headphones1.gif
How does the Nokia N82 sound with the KSC-75?

Yeah, I really like the looks of it. When I first got it I was very impressed with the sound quality. Might be a little heavy on bass though and the KSC 75 unfortunately add to that. So its ok for listening to Rock while on the Go but for Folk, Jazz, Classical Music and such I very much prefer my iPod and different headphones.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #805 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
took this pic right before i shipped the pico out to the new owner.
04cc7sh7.jpg

pico + $20 sansa clip via velcro & diy mini-mini

would you please put some larger images of the silver Pico on this thread?

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #806 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you please put some larger images of the silver Pico on this thread?

I don't think he has it anymore. He said he took the pic right before shipping it to it's new home.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #807 of 1,113
that's a shame.

tjumper78 could you tell me how mirrored the silver Pico is actuality.

Oct 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #809 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's a shame.

tjumper78 could you tell me how mirrored the silver Pico is actuality.

mirrored? you mean how much reflective it was?
it was shiny for sure but not mirror-shiny.
i've seen pico in silver, black and gunmetal. imo, silver is the sexiest.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back