Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Sep 30, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #781 of 1,113
They don't isolate at all and they leak a lot
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #785 of 1,113
Hi Punslayer,

What kind of wire have you in the patch cable?

Sep 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #786 of 1,113
It's Kynar wire. 30 guage, single-strand. I got a bunch of it several years ago; I like using it in cables because it braids really nice. You can see a little better in the closeup.

DSC00836.jpg

I've since scrapped that cable and made something (much) shorter, but I haven't taken any pics yet. I like to play around with different cable designs, but I need to find some new wire; I haven't bought any for six years or so.

Sep 30, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #787 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice setup

2 questions: do they leak sound, and do they isolate well?

they leak a little sound and they don't isolate perfectly, well enough that the outside world doesn't bother me at least, but I can still hear if I need to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice setup Gatto

What iPod is that?

thanks! its a 30 gig 5th gen video

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr13zehn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cool 'phones Gatto. How do you like em?

after about a half hour of trying to figure out how to comfortably put them on I love them hehe
smile.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #788 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after about a half hour of trying to figure out how to comfortably put them on I love them hehe
smile.gif

I can imagine that. That earclip looks very complicated.

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #789 of 1,113
not complicated, just strange, they don't come with instructions and if you don't put the rubber piece in the right spot they make your ears hurt when you take them off. now that I'm use to them I really like them.

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #790 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks! its a 30 gig 5th gen video

So where is the color coming from in your picture? It looks like a rust/red sort of color. Very nice btw
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #791 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr13zehn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, that's weird.
When I quoted him, the pics showed. Now they're gone again...

Cool 'phones Gatto. How do you like em?

On a different note, I just dropped my D2.
frown.gif
It seems to still work fine, but now has a marred corner. Maybe it's time to buy a broken white one and switch shells.

As said, i dropped my black DAB 4gb d2. The touch screen layer split and was impossible to control. I bought a white 4gb non-dab d2 with missing power slider. As soon as i saw the white, i realised how much i liked it. White looks much better in person than in stock photos actually. So when i had them both apart to swap screens, i swapped the cases too (not the silver middle, but i could have done, easy.) Only thing is my (now white) dab D2 doesnt have the dab logo on the back... Ah well, looks better IMO, and if i ever wanted to sell it i could always swap them back.

Dont see that happening soon though. 32gb in the upcoming s9 isnt enough for me. I like expandability, and the upcoming 02 is too big, and has crap battery life. Solve the problem, upgrade my phone to one with wi-fi, as for me, the iphone will never surfice for media, and the touch is pointless as i would still have to carry a phone too, so i think a phone with wi-fi gives me everything i want, and very well, in two devices.

PM me if you want some rough instructions.

Matt

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #792 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As said, i dropped my black DAB 4gb d2. The touch screen layer split and was impossible to control. I bought a white 4gb non-dab d2 with missing power slider. As soon as i saw the white, i realised how much i liked it. White looks much better in person than in stock photos actually. So when i had them both apart to swap screens, i swapped the cases too (not the silver middle, but i could have done, easy.) Only thing is my (now white) dab D2 doesnt have the dab logo on the back... Ah well, looks better IMO, and if i ever wanted to sell it i could always swap them back.

Dont see that happening soon though. 32gb in the upcoming s9 isnt enough for me. I like expandability, and the upcoming 02 is too big, and has crap battery life. Solve the problem, upgrade my phone to one with wi-fi, as for me, the iphone will never surfice for media, and the touch is pointless as i would still have to carry a phone too, so i think a phone with wi-fi gives me everything i want, and very well, in two devices.

PM me if you want some rough instructions.

Matt

I'm settled with my black 8gb D2 + 8gb sd-hc card
smily_headphones1.gif

and once again, you're welcome.

Sep 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #793 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where is the color coming from in your picture? It looks like a rust/red sort of color. Very nice btw
wink.gif

oh! unfortunately that is just the reflection of the wooden headphones on the case, it's just black
frown.gif
although I have been considering having my boyfriend mod it, he's pretty good with ipods.

Sep 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #794 of 1,113
Thanks Baba
smily_headphones1.gif
tongue.gif

[Off-topic]
[size=xx-small]Gatto, I didn't realise you were a female, I thought you were a male and your avatar was your girlfriend with your cans on haha! I heard about your parents and taking money away from your pay, I think its a good idea really, i wish my parents had told me that the idea of my bond was to add to it years ago, instead, i put all my money in my savings account and spent chunks of it, so my bond doesnt have much in it for a car...

Just recovering from a big spend (to me) now! Although there isnt much i want for xmas now, so i guess i will top my bank up again. Then i need to get a week-day evening job (i dont see my dad as much as i would like, and dont want to work on his weekends) and save for a year for a car!

My parents don't control my spending, as they know i know i need to save for a car, but when i do need something (like a new bike, just bought now) they advise me against it until i have a good reason, like i can raise the handlebars, and have had it for 7 yeras, and i cant ride the old tiny thing everyday till Xmas lol, and dont have anything else i want, so will save my xmas money.

My dad thinks i waste money on audio stuff, and i cant justify it at the moment, its hard, but when i have a car, im saving for five hundred pounds of audio stuff, Latest Pico, Latest D2 like PMP, UMPC, Home Headphones, home amp for bedroom, and excluded from the total, latest UE customs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, welcome to head-fi, i would say "Sorry about your wallet", but A) you have a purse (i'm english haha) and B) from what i have seen of your rigs and just bought items, i think you've spent a fair bit already!
[/size][/Off-topic]

Matt

Sep 30, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #795 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice setup Gatto

What iPod is that?

The thickness looks like a 30gb ipod video to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back