DIY iMod
SR71
Reference
Hornet
ER4s
SA5000 recabled with Black Dragon
some diy cables.

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #784 of 1,011
Most of the time I go with the video ipod. The nano is mainly for the gym.

HPIM1276.jpg

HPIM1257.jpg

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #787 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you get that silicone skin?

Looks like its a DLO Jam Jacket (The DLO on the case kind of gives it away
wink.gif
).

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #788 of 1,011
Yea, it's actually the DLO Jam Jacket with "Earphone Management".

Biggest crock of ******** I've ever heard. They didn't have the regular ones, and the "earphone management" adds almost an inch to the back. Trimming it off was the best choice.

It's a terribly designed case. It's too soft at times, it makes the scroll wheel twitchy, imprecise, and it does not protect the screen. Which is sorta the whole point of an ipod case. Don't buy one.

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #790 of 1,011
O wow, I think you're going to have to write up some explanation on how to make one of those docks. Either that, or start selling them
biggrin.gif

I've never seen that SR-60 mod at the headband, cool. I was thinking of doing some mods to mine, but I think the drivers must be shot or something. I didn't know headphones "wore out." Anyway it buzzes a bit with the lower notes, just doesn't sound as good as it once did...

How do you think the mini^3 sounds compared to the Corda 2Move? Just wondered if you built an amp but decided that the manufactured ones sounded better. (I'm thinking of building an amp, but I don't know if spending the extra money for a cheap pre-built one would be better)

Nice looking rig tho
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #791 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dsc00042gj1.jpg

"JVC HA-FX55 (only comes with one small-sized tip, beware)"

Nice. Another fan of the FX-55, I'm guessing. How do you like them?

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #792 of 1,011
Quote:

O wow, I think you're going to have to write up some explanation on how to make one of those docks. Either that, or start selling them

Cut the butt-end down and you can have one too!

instead of a leftover piece of plastic, could fill the end with epoxy. I think i'm going to play a bit with one today to see how I can get it to come out.

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #793 of 1,011
If you had a nice epoxy that dried a gloss finish it could look really nice.

I think I'll write a little tutorial to show how to make them. It took me less than an hour from start to finish. The lack of clips isn't an issue either, modifying the shielding makes for a tight fit.

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #794 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
30gig 5th gen iPod > DIY LOD > DIY Mini^3 > Shure SE530PTH

Btw, has anyone come up with any "clean" ways of mounting and amp to it's source? I have these tabs on the back of the my iPod from the iSkin case, and I'm trying to come up with a way to make them latch onto the Mini^3 case.

A lot of folks like the wristbands. You acn get custom ones here:
Silicone Wristbands, Custom Silicone Bracelets, Rubber Bracelets, Plastic Wristbands, Vinyl Wristbands, Customized Designs Wristband, Multicolor Imprints Wristband

Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, it's actually the DLO Jam Jacket with "Earphone Management".

Biggest crock of ******** I've ever heard. They didn't have the regular ones, and the "earphone management" adds almost an inch to the back. Trimming it off was the best choice.

It's a terribly designed case. It's too soft at times, it makes the scroll wheel twitchy, imprecise, and it does not protect the screen. Which is sorta the whole point of an ipod case. Don't buy one.

If you need a case for your iPod Video, I like my iSkin Evo3. It looks like it's the same material as the DLO (silicon), but it's pretty thin so it doesn't add much bulk, has a hard plastic piece that covers the screen, and it adds a belt clip. The belt clip was a requirement for me. The only downside is the clip can scratch the back of your iPods shiny metal case. I put an invisible shiled on mine though, so it's got double protection
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you had a nice epoxy that dried a gloss finish it could look really nice.

I think I'll write a little tutorial to show how to make them. It took me less than an hour from start to finish. The lack of clips isn't an issue either, modifying the shielding makes for a tight fit.

I'd like to see pics of how you made that LOD. I'm getting ready to make one, and would love to see how you got it to be a right angle connector.

Apr 6, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #795 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. Another fan of the FX-55, I'm guessing. How do you like them?

With the small tips, they're amazing. Perfect fit, amazing sound. Of course, JVC decided to give you exactly one pair of the small tips. Which tend to easily fall off when you're not paying attention and get lost forever. Only complaint I have is that with extremely low and fast bass, if it's unamped, it stumbles a bit. Still a lot better than the marshmallow (FX33) and Air-Cushion (FX66). Highly underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back