Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Mar 12, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #436 of 1,011
Ask and you shall receive:
indeehe9.jpg

The reflective metal is really hard to capture well.

Yes, Skylab gave me the amp with the purchase of the cable. Northwestern connection! He said that he just has so many wonderful amps, that it just does not get used. He recieved it free from the company and could not ethically sell it. When I do upgrade (at some point) the amp will be passed on for free to another college-fi member ('cus we broke!). I proposed this and he agreed it would be a good idea.

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #440 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wowie!

I had to pay for my Super FreQ's....hopefully this fit kit will work!

Eeeek from what i saw in the freq thread it looks bad.

I would rather get good impressions and proffessional safety for a small cost. Mine was £20 = $40 for two sets, open and closed.

Instead of open and closed in the same impressions she said she would do two for the cost of one set.

My dad had to drive me about 5 miles each way though.

P2210062.jpg

Yeah i am lucky! It was sort of promotional though, i am in the UK.

Matt

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #441 of 1,011
Very lucky. DOn't you always want open though? why would you want closed impressions? When i get my freq impressions i am going to follow the UE instructions.

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #444 of 1,011
Quote:

Yeah, people want $50 or more for each set around me. It is just wayyy too much for one set!

Germania, that's just a case on your touch right? You didn't actually put those ugly jewels directly on it did you? I'm saying this because I would've definitely rather seen the pink Grados than that :p.

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #445 of 1,011
That is a case.... and I know it seems soo foreign to guys...but I get a TON of compliments on it from other girls! They love it! So, if you are looking for a present for your girlfriends then get a rhinestone covered case. They will love it!

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #447 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very lucky. DOn't you always want open though? why would you want closed impressions? When i get my freq impressions i am going to follow the UE instructions.

its suggested to have closed for normal listening/long duration/comfort (ie. us lot here)

and open jaw if you need them pretty tight for on stage performing/short duration/movement

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #448 of 1,011
Quote:

That is a case.... and I know it seems soo foreign to guys...but I get a TON of compliments on it from other girls! They love it! So, if you are looking for a present for your girlfriends then get a rhinestone covered case. They will love it!

No offense Germania, I respect you just as much as anyone else on here, but that rhinestone case IMO is as beautiful as Crocs. I will admit that since you're a girl you can get away with it
wink.gif

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #450 of 1,011
Quote:

Yes, Skylab gave me the amp with the purchase of the cable... When I do upgrade (at some point) the amp will be passed on for free to another college-fi member ('cus we broke!). I proposed this and he agreed it would be a good idea.

Really excellent, thoughtful (not to mention generous) initiative - great idea Skylab & Germania - hope it gets to some deserving members over time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back