Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Feb 20, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #226 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Frodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello basman,
What EQ setting (or off?) are you using when you connect A808 to RSA Hornet? There's no line out function on A808, right?

EQ are set -1 the left most (lowest freq.) and the rest is zero, clear bass 3.

The interconnect is DIY audioplus interconnect cable terminated to Paillics plug and Sony plug. with audioplus nylon sleeve.

Honestly speaking I dont need the lineout with this set up coz its sounds good to my ears, I'm just kinda curious about the result if used the lineout thats why i want to try. but didnt work the one I made.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #227 of 1,011
Quote:

Thank you for your prompt reply. Are the strips of velcro adhesive and stuck permanently onto both the Nano's case and Tomahawk? I'm really considering this now; I'm just a bit reluctant to do so, that's all. I suppose to save sticking velcro directly onto my iPod I could get a case to put it in, like yourself. However, I'd still need to stick it onto the amplifier. Also, since I have installed an InvisibleShield on my Nano, would I have any trouble fitting it into a case like your own, for example?

It would be really great if you could post some photographs of your devices detached from each other--the velcro side of them, that is--if you'd be so kind. I'd be really grateful.

I view the DLO case on the nano as somewhat sacrificial. It's there to protect the player, so I'm not too concerned about it, though I think there should be no issues removing the velcro from it.

The amp is built so robustly, again there should be no concerns removing the velcro. I have to say, however, I thought carefully before applying the velcro over the graphics on top. In the end, this is where I wanted the player. I reason that everything should be fine should I ever decide I want to separate the two.

About the InvisibleShield, I don't really know enough to know whether it will fit in a case like the DLO or Griffin. Is it removable?

Here are a few closeups showing how the amp and player are secured to one another.

tomahawkfront.jpg

tomahawkside.jpg

tomahawkback.jpg

tomahawkseparated.jpg

Hope this helps.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #228 of 1,011
Excellent shots! Tomahawk is tiny! Really can't wait to get my hands on one. Will be a couple of months yet though.

Feb 20, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #229 of 1,011
Thank you very much, JTori. I really appreciate your help. Yes, the InvisibleShield is removable, but I don't really want to have to take it off as it'll protect the iPod when not in a bulky-ish case.

I think I will buy a hard, plastic case for it like the one you're using and stick velcro onto it. Is this adhesive velcro you're using or normal velcro just stuck on via another means?

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #230 of 1,011
Quote:

Is this adhesive velcro you're using or normal velcro just stuck on via another means?

I'm using adhesive velcro. I cleaned the amp and DLO case with a damp alcohol swab before applying. Best of luck.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #231 of 1,011
Quote:

Tomahawk is tiny!

It sure is! I had no idea how small it was until I received it. I had compared dimensions before purchasing, however, the images on Ray Samuels' website do not convey a sense of the amp's scale; without some reference frame, it appears much larger than it actually is. It is one finely crafted piece of audio jewelery!

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #232 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for your prompt reply. Are the strips of velcro adhesive and stuck permanently onto both the Nano's case and Tomahawk? I'm really considering this now; I'm just a bit reluctant to do so, that's all. I suppose to save sticking velcro directly onto my iPod I could get a case to put it in, like yourself. However, I'd still need to stick it onto the amplifier. Also, since I have installed an InvisibleShield on my Nano, would I have any trouble fitting it into a case like your own, for example?

It would be really great if you could post some photographs of your devices detached from each other--the velcro side of them, that is--if you'd be so kind. I'd be really grateful.

Invisible Shields are very thin. I doubt they would prohibit the use of another case. I have one on my 5G Video and then I have it in an iSkin. Granted the iSkin isn't a hard case, but I still don't think the Invisible Shield will make it not fit. If anything it might make it fit more snug yet keep the iPod scratch free. That's why I have one on my iPod even though it's in a case. Cases WILL scratch your iPod eventually. Use both and it's the best of both worlds
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #233 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Invisible Shields are very thin. I doubt they would prohibit the use of another case. I have one on my 5G Video and then I have it in an iSkin. Granted the iSkin isn't a hard case, but I still don't think the Invisible Shield will make it not fit. If anything it might make it fit more snug yet keep the iPod scratch free. That's why I have one on my iPod even though it's in a case. Cases WILL scratch your iPod eventually. Use both and it's the best of both worlds
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually I have to disagree with you there. I had a BSE on my 5.5g ipod and could not fit my agent18 case over it. Had to remove the back portion in order to fit the player in the case. Unless the invisible shield is significantly thinner, I don't think it can fit in a case that is as tight fitting as some of the plastic clear ones. Because I left the front BSE on, the player would adhere to the agent18 case I put it in, and it would adhere more in different spots, making it look like water was on my player inside of the case (if that makes sense). Of course YMMV, but mine was no good.

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #234 of 1,011
Thank you for your input, Hayduke and filipelli, and not forgetting JTori again!. I guess I'll just have to try a hard plastic case and see if it fits or not. 'A shot in the dark, but does anyone know of any "loose-fitting" plastic cases for a 3G iPod Nano by any chance?

Oh, and I'm sorry for all of these off-topic posts.

Feb 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #236 of 1,011
HiFight ... very nice!! How do you think the UE 10 pro's improve with an amp?

Feb 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #237 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HiFight ... very nice!! How do you think the UE 10 pro's improve with an amp?

Hi J.D.N
Thanks, UE TF 10 Pro absolutely improved w/ an amp.... I always thought UE TFP's midrange alittle bit recessed, but it's solved by PICO. Sweet... IMO
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back