Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Feb 19, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #211 of 1,011
Didn't you have a 2move JTori? Do you not like it as much as the tomahawk?

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #212 of 1,011
Quote:

Didn't you have a 2move JTori? Do you not like it as much as the tomahawk?

I have both. There are things I like about the 2Move that are missing from the Tomahawk: Crossfeed, current settings, ability to power externally and DAC. It's small but not as small as the Tomahawk.

The Tomahawk is like one of those miniature masterpiece paintings: Tiny and high quality.

The 2Move will get used around the house and on the road (when I drive somewhere); the Tomahawk will travel with me when I fly.

Truth is, I think it's a blast that one can assemble such a small system with such great sound quality. I can recall 13 years ago when my traveling rig was a Headroom Supreme, Sony D25 CDP, Sennheiser HD580 Jubilees, a pair of 4 D-Cell battery packs and 10 CDs carried around in a large Headroom bag. It was a great system but it weighed in at around 10 lbs. vs. the 1/2 lb. of the Tomahawk rig (bag and all).

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #213 of 1,011
Quote:

The Nano Tomahawk rig is nice, simple, and to the point. Pity you can't fit much lossless on a nano!

I agree. 8GB will store only about 150 songs in AIFF format.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #214 of 1,011
That's really nice, JTori. Currently I have my 3G Nano attached to my Corda Move with 4 rubber bands! How exactly have you attached your devices together?

Feb 19, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #215 of 1,011
2276920259_a791f9b4bb.jpg

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #216 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2.

Rav, the D1s DAC will give you better sound quality from the iRiver's optical than going straight to an amp from the line out. Trust me, been there done that
wink.gif

Not exaclty portable though. If the D1 was the size of the P2 then i could probably live with it, but i don't think it will fit too well in my pockets somehow.

Feb 19, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #217 of 1,011
Quote:

That's really nice, JTori. Currently I have my 3G Nano attached to my Corda Move with 4 rubber bands! How exactly have you attached your devices together?

Thank you. I attached the Nano in its clear DLO case to the top of the Tomahawk using two transversely mounted strips of black velcro. It's secured well and doesn't rock side to side. The velcro also lifts the Ipod up and out of the way of the knurled battery compartment nut on the amp.

I've also got a 2Move and, like the Move there is curvature to the case profile. You may be better off running the velcro lengthwise along the Nano and amp.

Feb 19, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #218 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTori /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. I attached the Nano in its clear DLO case to the top of the Tomahawk using two transversely mounted strips of black velcro. It's secured well and doesn't rock side to side. The velcro also lifts the Ipod up and out of the way of the knurled battery compartment nut on the amp.

I've also got a 2Move and, like the Move there is curvature to the case profile. You may be better off running the velcro lengthwise along the Nano and amp.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Are the strips of velcro adhesive and stuck permanently onto both the Nano's case and Tomahawk? I'm really considering this now; I'm just a bit reluctant to do so, that's all. I suppose to save sticking velcro directly onto my iPod I could get a case to put it in, like yourself. However, I'd still need to stick it onto the amplifier. Also, since I have installed an InvisibleShield on my Nano, would I have any trouble fitting it into a case like your own, for example?

It would be really great if you could post some photographs of your devices detached from each other--the velcro side of them, that is--if you'd be so kind. I'd be really grateful.

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #222 of 1,011
oh, and after going through almost all the portable pics and home listening set-up pics, it's funny how 40% of the pics feature a beer, a glass of wine, a handle of hard liquor or something of the sort as part of the rig.

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #225 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool! I like the creative stand you have there.

Me too. It was free, it works and looks great...what more can you ask for
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back