Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Jan 28, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #226 of 1,013
iPod nano 2 gig with MDR-G57 headphones
ipodsmall.jpg

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #227 of 1,013
Steve...that's beautiful! I am glad you got the Shuffle working... despite iTunes giving you some heart burn
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surprisingly good sound:

P1010012.png
P1010004.png

Apple Shuffle with my ATH-EW9s. The EW9s are the size of a quarter each.

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #229 of 1,013
SK138

Yea, I think I finally figured out what I needed to be doing to get iTunes to work for me instead of against me.

The do look nice....together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steve...that's beautiful! I am glad you got the Shuffle working... despite iTunes giving you some heart burn
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #230 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by nytryder7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My iRiver H140 into HR MicroDac into The The Tomahawk into the Superfi 5 pros. And happily I think I've finally found a 7" tosllink cable to replace that ridiculous 1 meter cable!

2003437590576896482_rs.jpg

wow...the tomahawk seems so...small...

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #232 of 1,013
Hey guys,
Found an acceptable rubber band thing today - got it from OXFAM - they looked at me weirdly when I didn't put it on my wrist and instead went and wrapped it around my IHP and PA2 lol.

portable.jpg

IHP-130 -> stock PA2v2 IC -> PA2v2 -> Alessandro MS-1 w/Beyer Headband mod (Not shown is the remote, which I use when i have my rig in my bag - how awesome is having two lineouts? )

Currently waiting on a Jena cryo mini-to-mini to replace the far too long stock IC (thanks ken! :p)

Upgrades... well... My only logical upgrade is a MS-Pro tho, I would like to know what kind of an upgrade HF-1's would be. None of the metal cupped Grado/Alessandro headphones interest me as I find them too "fatiguing"

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #233 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooJou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,
Found an acceptable rubber band thing today - got it from OXFAM - they looked at me weirdly when I didn't put it on my wrist and instead went and wrapped it around my IHP and PA2 lol.

portable.jpg

IHP-130 -> stock PA2v2 IC -> PA2v2 -> Alessandro MS-1 w/Beyer Headband mod (Not shown is the remote, which I use when i have my rig in my bag - how awesome is having two lineouts? )

Currently waiting on a Jena cryo mini-to-mini to replace the far too long stock IC (thanks ken! :p)

Upgrades... well... My only logical upgrade is a MS-Pro tho, I would like to know what kind of an upgrade HF-1's would be. None of the metal cupped Grado/Alessandro headphones interest me as I find them too "fatiguing"

looks nice!
how do you like the amp? i've ordered mine hope to receive it this week but i'm affraid it won't be here till next week.

Greetings Tom.

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #234 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the GV5 stack up with those components? Seeing the pictures, seems like a more "typical" amp would be a Hornet to compliment those other items in your pic.

Nice rig though, I'm just wondering on what your opinion is.

Its a starter rig nate.
If i had of spent another month or so doing more research i would of saved and got the hornet to begin with, i realy wanted to but at the time the $350 for the hornet seemed a bit steep.

And the GV5 had a fair ammount of praise. (80$)
for the last 2-3 months the wait/saving enough funds to get a hornet/tomahawk is nearly unbareable.
but its also fun testing my patience and ive also learned alot waiting.

As for the sound, to me atm it sounds pritty damn nice.
Only other comparison is ive tested with was the grado RA1.
And to my untrained ears i couldnt hear a great difference.

thats why im itching to get a TH/hornet.

Im also going to ditch the sony A3000 and get somthing alot smaller, im sick of the Bulkyness.

looking at either a iAudio(meant to have good sound quality) or mebbeh an ipod(just for the navigation)..

and ill look at getting the jumbo cyro mini,as my diy cable is a bit pish.

then I'll be very happy, and can think about starting my home rig, sort some tubes ect..

The wait it nice in some ways. also painfull..
redface.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #235 of 1,013
Now that its getting to the -10° / -20° point,
for me its fine to wear the grado's
the bowls keep my ears nice n warm.
The oversized jacket pocket serves perfectly as somthing to hold my gear in.

I was looking at bags , but i wont need one untill summer rolls around.

I know a few of you are prolly in pain about me braiding my grado cord,
but its very loose , looks rather tight in the pic.

Main reason was the extra slack/cord was disturbing me.

I would keep it in the inside jacket pocket but its so easy to pause,FF,RW,ect on the outside.
only bonus ive found with this sony is the indented navigation key is
easy to change songs without having a remote or constantly taking this mammoth set-up i have out each time.

might be able to make out in this pic where i push .
You are free to laff,but its doing me proud so far..
wink.gif

The diy mini-mini was fun to make,first time ever with a soldering iron,wires any of that stuff.
I was told it was a Mic cord(double coaxial) 14€ P.m. arf i needed the whole meter, this was a 3rd attempt.8p
It was so thick that i had to drill out the end of the Neutrik jacks so it would fit snug.

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #240 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear you.. after listening to my iPod lineout>amp all day, and I go home and hook my AlienDAC up to it, the difference is huge.

You kidding! There is no reason to use a DAC with an iPod, iPod doesn't have a optical (digital)-out, just a analog line-out.
That means that the internal DAC in your iPod isn't bypassed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back