Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Aug 11, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #691 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10
New Rig, well, more like an upgrade
tongue.gif

58.jpg

I hope you don't listen to it like that.
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #692 of 940
Quote:

First time I got IEM's I could not stand hard flex sleeves. But once your ear canals get used to being violated, Shure clear flex sleeves feel great, I cant even feel them anymore. Ultra Flex Sleeves aint bad too, but soften up the detail/bass a bit.

I agree, the clear flex sleeves are the next best thing after Comply tips. However, Comply tips are still king, especially when you're walking, as they absorb almost all of the vibration from your steps. It's actually quite profound how much noise they actually dampen compared to any other tip.

But yeah, the clear sleeves rock.

Aug 11, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #693 of 940
i tried hard to like the clear sleeves, but they just hurt my ears, and i mean HURT. comfy all the way, but on my ety's!
cool.gif

Aug 13, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #696 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Here is my favorite portable rig:

01.JPG

-Alex-

Hi, How long can the battery last?

Aug 13, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #697 of 940
Aug 13, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #698 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Dude, what the hell are those headphones? lol

Stax SR-001. Up until about 4 hours ago, I never knew of such headphones.

Portable electrostatic earphones............... WOW!
Wonder how they sound.

Aug 13, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #700 of 940
Those are the Stax SR-001 setup (phones and amp combo). As far as the sound goes lets just say it well worth keeping and I will not be getting rid of them at all. This is quit unusual for me to be 100% happy with something. Overall battery life is about 5hrs, but I use batteries that are 2900mah. They do sound a bit better with a wall PS and I have even tried it with a STEPS PS.
smily_headphones1.gif
Either way I really enjoy them and for around $170 (used price) you too should give them a try.

-Alex-

Aug 13, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #702 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Those are the Stax SR-001 setup (phones and amp combo). As far as the sound goes lets just say it well worth keeping and I will not be getting rid of them at all. This is quit unusual for me to be 100% happy with something. Overall battery life is about 5hrs, but I use batteries that are 2900mah. They do sound a bit better with a wall PS and I have even tried it with a STEPS PS.
smily_headphones1.gif
Either way I really enjoy them and for around $170 (used price) you too should give them a try.

-Alex-

How is the fit? Does it feel like IEM?

Aug 13, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #704 of 940
I never heard of the Stax either until I sold my UE super.fi 5 pro to someone owning them. Comparing both he wrote me that he is much more happy with the UE since at least for him they are much more pleasent to wear. He also wrote me that both headphones had their strength and weaknesses soudwise.
It seems an interesting option with the Red Wine modded iPod which needs an amp to work.

Aug 13, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #705 of 940
my (not really) portable rig. At least this was what I took for holidays at a seeside hotel, but for obvious reasons not to the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back