Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Jun 13, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #406 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by bl4cksh33p
mr.doodle

I like your insistent preoccupation with style. It’s often overlooked on these forums. But, especially with a portable rig, sometimes it matters how the cans actually look.

haha, yeah. It's kind of OCD of me. I'm not really joking about it, because it kind of becomes a bit of a problem with me sometimes. I try to let it go most of the time though. That's why I'm waiting on painting the Eggos
smily_headphones1.gif
Also, good industrial design is important to me, and how products interact within society and our personalities is also pretty important to me. Aesthetics is a pretty big part of that for sure!

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #409 of 940
totally true.
Sometimes in this forum you may only speak of soundquality. some say; that's the only thing that matters. But with buying new phones/speakers/amps etc. I would pay more if it's looking better, if it fits my style better.

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #410 of 940
Well from an industrial design perspective there are a few criteria that define a good product.

The main thing is that it meets its purpose. Different users value different things, like ease of use (input), quality of result (output), and personal/social identifiability (aesthetics/interface). There is also the notion of maintainability and cost, but that can be considered a matter of input.

Now, consider this: Are you the type of person that requires a balanced sound? Or do you like more bass? Or more treble? Maybe you like your music to sound a certain way?

Everyone values different things and we all fall in different places on the spectrum of requirements.

I just really enjoy seeing what people value around here, I think it makes us all unique in our own way and it's pretty fun too!

Jun 13, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #412 of 940
The most beautiful Grados look ugly the instant they go on someone's head and Sennheisers look pretty dorky at best, but who cares!!!

I think style counts more on portable systems. I really wouldn't mind having the ugliest headphone for home use if it sounds good and is comfortable.

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #413 of 940
iRiver iFP-895 + Sony EX71

portablerig.jpg

Jun 16, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #419 of 940
At 16 - 18 volume (it maxes out at 40) is more than loud enough for me when out on the street. Drives the E2Cs pretty well, believe I would give a more accurate and technical explanation if I knew the words to use
wink.gif

Anyhow, it's a winner, you won't regret getting it even as a second unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back